Network Operations Engineer
Network Operations Engineer
When finance professionals need to do big deals beyond business boundaries, Intralinks is their platform of choice for content distribution and collaboration. We help power financial markets.
When Whole Foods was acquired by Amazon, they turned to Intralinks to provide their due diligence virtual data room. When Ares Management LLC grew their investor base and raised more than $65B of capital they chose Intralinks to support their capital raising and fund reporting needs.
Intralinks needs you. We’re already the market-leader and we are still on a growth trajectory. We’re investing heavily in R&D to extend our platform and expand our SaaS portfolio. At Intralinks this means a mix of maintaining our flagship offerings with a good dose of pure innovation going into net new offerings. This a great place to get traction in your career, working for a company with pedigree and world-class customers.
Our culture is one of agility. We’ve adopted Scrum and we need people like you to help examine what we do well and what we don’t do so well and identify opportunities to learn and improve. Our teams are self-managed, which means that your input is valued and there are opportunities for trying new tools and technologies to get us there faster. .
As an Associate Network Operations Engineer on the Network Engineering and Support team, your mission will be to ensure Intralinks global network is always fast, available, secure and engineered to handle the needs of Intralinks staff and global SAAS customers.
You will be working on the cutting edge of networking and information security helping to maintain the highest level of performance, quality of user experience and security for the networks that support our staff and software as a service platform around the world.
The most successful candidates for this role will have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, the ability to think and act quickly, solid communication skills, extremely detail oriented with a passion for learning new network and security technologies.
- Primary Network Operations Support for the Intralinks enterprise and production networks.
- Act as escalation point for our Global Operations and Technical Support teams.
- Analyzes Intralinks network infrastructure and provide or build tools to improve performance, reduce downtime and increase the speed maintenance with automation.
- Contributes to the development of net monitoring techniques and contributes to process and network improvement planning.
- Integrates trends, data and information into plans, deliverables and recommendations.
- Works well with cross functional teams.
- Creates and reviews technical documentation
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment.
- Experience in a network or service operations center a plus.
- Experience maintaining network documentation and diagrams.
- Experience with cloud, data center and business networks.
- A solid understanding of networking trouble shooting, and the tools used to analyze networks.
- Experience working in cross functional teams.
- 5 years of relevant work experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment.
- DevOps tools like Ansible, Puppet, Chef and Python
- Master of many operating systems and shells (MacOS, Windows, *nix, Unix)
- Network and systems security in highly regulated environments (banking, pharma, government).
- Network Certifications (e.g. CCNA, CCNP)
- Experience with VMware, AWS, Software Defined Networking and automation.
- Experience working with globally distributed teams in 99.99 percent uptime SAAS environments.
- Excellent analytical / communications skills.