Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
CarGurus is looking for an energetic and dynamic Office Administrator. This person will be responsible for all activities related to the day-to-day operations of the CarGurus office, including the food ordering, the reception area, mail, large purchasing requests and facilities. This person will also be responsible for directing and coordinating office services and related activities, arranging internal office moves, and providing arrangements for office meetings. CarGurus needs someone in this role who really enjoys the logistics of running a scaling office, has great communication abilities, and is extremely organized.
What You'll Do:
- Cover the front desk and answer telephone, screen and direct calls
- Greet persons entering the CarGurus office
- Direct persons to their correct destination
- Organize and maintain the kitchen area
- Coordinate any office moves
- Receive and sort all mail and deliveries
- Tidy and maintain the lobby and common areas
- Manage relationships with vendors and building management
- General administrative and clerical support
- Other special requests or projects as needed
Who You Are:
- Must have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills required to be an essential link between CarGurus and visitors
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening skills
- Able to work under pressure and maintain a calm and professional demeanor
- Work as a team player with multiple departments and offices
- Proficient in MS office, Outlook and other computer skills
- Able to demonstrate reliability and build trust
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with a wide range of people
- Bachelor's degree required
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.