Office Assistant (Part-time)
EdX is looking for an energetic, organized, and proactive part-time Office Assistant to assist in the daily operations of our office. You will be the first point of contact for our office, guaranteeing that every visitor, client or employee is greeted and welcomed appropriately.
To perform the job successfully, you should demonstrate good customer service and problem solving skills, superb attention to detail, great communication skills, and ability to organize and manage competing priorities. This is a part-time role, requiring 20 hours per week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide coverage for the reception desk Monday-Friday preferably from 10-2p, Monday-Friday (hours are flexible)
- Create and manage an inventory of office supplies by purchasing and stocking supplies for the office
- Manage daily lunches and provide help with events including set-up, catering, and cleaning
- Coordinate with administrative assistants and other internal colleagues to prepare for meetings and events
- Monitor and restock kitchen inventory of snacks, beverages, and other supplies on a daily basis
- Supervise caterers and other service staff during daily lunch
- Coordinate with maintenance contractors, vendors, and cleaning crew to monitor plumbing, appliance maintenance, electrical and other services as needed
- Assist with projects as requested or assigned by management
Qualifications & Skills:
- 2-3 years experience in customer service, hospitality, or other related industries
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps for Business prefered
- Comfort with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive and optimistic approach to problem-solving
As part of the edX team, you’ll receive:
- Free lunch every day along with free beverages and snacks!
- A casual and great working experience where everyone is driven towards the same mission of providing high quality education to everyone, everywhere.
Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available. All applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office.