Chewy is looking for a Performance Engineer to join our IT/Performance Team based in Boston, MA The ideal candidate understands and has vast experience creating and maintaining a performance process and testing methodology on a high scale both for On-Prem and Cloud solutions. The candidate should have experience with eCommerce platforms. This candidate should have experience in all levels of Performance Testing (Load, Stress, Longevity, etc.) and be able to implement a process to include these suites into continuous integration testing.
What you'll do:
- Manage, plan and execute continuous automated benchmark testing of new builds as part of the software development lifecycle on both a team level (features/functionality) and system-level.
- Identify measurement tools to streamline a solid benchmarking process.
- Publish findings and escalate issues during and after each test run vs. define KPI’s.
- Identify bottlenecks and consult development teams on how to better solve those performance issues.
- Manage the Performance/Scaling/Peak environment/s.
- Be the champion of Performance in the organization. Educating the engineering (and business) groups on proper performance testing methodologies.
- Own Peak Performance process during Chewy’s Peak times.
What you'll need:
- 5+ years of Performance Monitoring, Tuning and Improvements
- Experience with query tuning
- Experience of performance testing tools such as Locust, JMeter or other equivalent tools/languages used in Performance Testing
- Experience with monitoring tools and logging tools (Splunk, DataDog, etc.)
- Experience working in an Agile environment with multiple scrum teams
- Experience working in both on-prem & cloud infrastructures (AWS preferred)
- Strong written and oral communication
- This position may require travel
- Experience eCommerce Performance Testing.
- Experience with testing on regulated systems (SOX, PCI)
- Experience in a DevOps-like organization