Principal Network Architect
The Principal Network Architect will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer and help guide and build internal expertise to deliver best in class solutions for our customers.
Major Accountabilities/Key Performance Indicators
- Partner with sales and customer engineering groups to provide WAN/LAN architecture and services through to carrier selection and implementation.
- Partner with Engineering groups (Cloud, Networking, HPC, Automation and Storage) to architect/design the future Markley WAN/SD-WAN Network Services and the products that build upon it.
- Actively research new technologies, architectures and techniques and deliver strategy or research papers.
- Develop an accurate understanding of the Markley ecosystem and future direction in order to design services and systems that integrate, scale and provide key business opportunities.
- Identify clients technology goals to recommend and align solutions to meet their requirements.
- Create high-level design documentation and diagrams that engineering and development can use to build products.
- Proven stakeholder relationship management skills
- Ability to influence teams of technical specialists
- Experience in leading area specific projects; ability to make project decisions independently
- Good documentation and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Self-motivated, proactive and a team player
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Network Engineering, Computer Science, or similar. MSc or equivalent experience / certification preferred
- Must have experience in architecture roles within a large corporate environment or service provider with complex and mission critical network infrastructure and private/public cloud services
- 5 + years of enterprise or service Provider network architecture or engineering experience(WAN/LAN, SD-WAN, BGP, MPLS, VPLS, P2P, EPL, WAVE, QoS/CoS, etc..)
- 5 + years delivering automation and orchestration for network, cloud and security components and services
- Understanding of carrier-class technologies and large enterprise networks
- Good to advanced understanding of cloud networking(AWS, Azure, GCP, etc..)
- Understanding of Internet Exchanges
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP, UDP, Routing Protocols, DNS, Load Balancing, etc..
- Strong track record of delivery in pressured, high impacting environments