Greater Boston Area
We’re expanding a team of driven, focused, smart people who want to make a meaningful impact on the success of world-class software organizations. At Appcues, we believe that our customer’s success is directly tied to the value they derive from our product and the positive impact Appcues makes on reducing friction in their end user’s experience. While customers realize value at different stages in their journey with us, the renewal serves as an incredibly important milestone to work towards, celebrate, and reflect on the past while also planning for the future.
As the first person in this new function at Appcues, we are searching for an experienced Renewal Manager who knows the in’s and out’s of predictably renewing customers, month after month, and year after year, with a track record to prove it. This is an opportunity to team with customers and multiple internal stakeholders (e.g., Account Executives, Customer Success Managers, and our Finance team) to ensure that value is realized for the customer, and commercial objectives are achieved to drive growth of our business. Over time, the playbook you help to create will lay the foundation of renewals management at Appcues.
- Responsible for all assigned contract renewals, which includes partnering with customers and internal team players (Customer Success Managers and Account Executives) to ensure timely and accurate execution.
- Ownership of contract processes and customer communications including usage upgrades and related renewals.
- Responsible for working with internal team players to convert customers paying monthly into paying annually.
- Creating, updating and innovating new functional processes, playbooks and supporting materials for renewals at Appcues
- Enlist the efforts of sales reps, customer success managers, and senior management when necessary to accelerate the contract renewal process and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Working with the CSMs and customers on difficult situations with an eye for problem solving.
- Establish and maintain effective, cooperative working relationships with customers.
- Communicate and effectively partner with Finance to develop new strategies for revenue generation.
- Lead discussions around forecasting and pipeline status with internal stakeholders (i.e. maintain renewal schedule and forecast up to 120 days out)
Strengths We’re Seeking:
- Experience with renewal management practice
- Presentation/Communication abilities at executive level
- Contract negotiations Performance oriented (has consistently met/exceeded a renewals/sales quota)
- Expert organizational skills - ability to track and develop renewal management
- Prioritization - Proven ability to allocate time to highest impact areas
At Appcues, our mission is to help teams build products their users love. With Appcues, you can create in-product experiences (user onboarding, feature announcements, etc.) without writing any code. We believe it's the non-technical people who oftentimes have the best information about a user's needs and desires. And we give them the tools to act
We’re a dynamic group of talented teammates who challenge, trust, and care about each other, the work we do, and the success story we’re all helping to write. We live by our values, our benefits are real, and sometimes we have donuts!
Appcues is an equal opportunity employer. We believe a diverse team is a stronger team.
Read Full Job Description