Senior Account Executive
ezCater is the #1 online - and the only nationwide - marketplace for business catering in the United States – a $22 billion market. Our 2M+ on-time ratings and reviews, our 60K+ caterers and restaurants, and our 5-star customer service make it superbly easy for business people to find and order great food for their meetings. We’re backed by Insight Venture Partners and Iconiq Capital, we’re on a path to $1B in 2019, and we’ll get there - even more surely if you come help us.
The Senior Account Executive position at ezCater is an exciting opportunity for someone to join a fast-growing, high-performing sales organization in downtown Boston! We’ll provide unmatched tools and training, and you’ll be expected to convert cold leads into sales. You’ll have the excitement of being able to travel to various states working booths and floors of events and shows we attend!
When you’re back in the office, you’ll be calling a variety of prospects — from driving attendance to those conferences, trade shows, or ezCater hosted events, to post-show follow up trying to convert attendees to customers, or even calling individuals from specific target companies who are suspected to be high-value users for ezCater. You’ll couple your powerful sales techniques with our strong message to sell ezCater’s 4.8-star service. You’ll be expected to run a well-managed, high-production desk, all while keeping your pipeline and your forecast current accurate.
- Align closely with our marketing team to help generate attendance to shows and close business upon returning from them
- Attend conferences and shows as one of the faces of ezCater to generate business
- Do post-show follow up to close business from attendance
- Prospect and build a pipeline of target business users to call on during slower times with no shows
- Make a high volume of daily outbound calls in order to quickly/efficiently qualify and close high-value prospects
- Quickly identify specific customer profiles in the moment — and tailor your pitch accordingly
- Thoroughly document your process in our CRM to maintain a clean and functional pipeline
- Work as a consultative partner to guide prospects through their first order
- Provide engaging demonstrations that show users how to best utilize our platform
- Practice exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Have 3-5 years of professional experience as an Account Executive, or similar client-facing role
- Are a persistent, entrepreneurial self-starter who crushes goals
- Demonstrate a professional demeanor when face to face with colleagues, prospects, and customers as you will be representing our brand when out of the office
- Have been previously trained in sales techniques
- Are able to travel to shows 6-10 times throughout the year, and be in the office when not on the road
- Ability to drive conversations and influence people both over the phone and in person
- Thrive in a fast-paced (sometimes intense) and rapidly-expanding tech company
- Are naturally guided by common sense and have a great sense of humor
- Are down to earth, yet consistently poised and professional
- Are committed to ongoing self-development
Then we’d love to speak with you! (Restaurant or Service industry experience is a huge plus.)
Here’s what you’ll get from us:
Importantly, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office smack-dab in Boston’s Downtown Crossing, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.