Senior Customer Care Specialist
Who We’re Looking For
An experienced, motivated individual to be a leader on our Customer Care team. Passion for working directly with customers and sharing your expertise with your teammates are must-haves! Applicants for this role must have a successful track record as a leader in a B2C support environment.
- Integrating voice of customer across product, marketing, and growth activities
- Confident, independent decision making
- Ability to tell a customer care story with data, both qualitative and quantitative
- Planning and executing customer-facing feature rollout communications
- Mastery of product knowledge for entire Lose It! family of products (iOS app, Android app, Challenges app, embodyDNA)
- Delivering accurate and timely responses to customers over multiple channels (email, chat, App Store reviews)
- Clearly identifying, reproducing and logging bugs / product oversights
- Detecting trends in customer issues and escalating appropriately
- Updating processes and workflows in Zendesk using automations, triggers and macros
- Guiding junior members of the team in their approach to customer care
- Identifying opportunities for improvement, both for our team and our processes and the Lose It! suite of products
Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years experience as a team lead in a customer support environment
- Strong emotional intelligence
- Advanced knowledge of a customer service platform such as Zendesk, Desk.com, Help Scout or similar
- Ability to incorporate feedback into daily work
- Ability to complete day-to-day tasks efficiently without losing vision of the long-term strategy
- Extensive experience troubleshooting technical issues with software products
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and think of creative solutions
- Exceptional written communication skill set
- Strong attention to detail and active listening skills
- You’re not afraid to ask for help on complex problems, but also willing to dip your toes in and attempt new ideas for troubleshooting
- You genuinely care for the success of customers and understand the importance of helping them thrive
Sound like the perfect role for you? Send us your resume and cover letter with the position title in the subject. In your cover letter, quickly tell us why you think you'd be a great fit for Lose It!.
Send your information to our jobs email: [email protected]
About Lose It!
Lose It! is a leading consumer software company based in the heart of Boston. Our app and online platforms have helped people get healthier and lose over 75 million pounds worldwide, through calorie tracking and social support. With a top grossing Health & Fitness app in both the iOS and Android app stores and millions of members returning to use the app each week, we're proud of the impact that we've had and are passionate about mobilizing the world to achieve a healthy weight.
Along with our core program, we’re excited to have recently launched our newest product, embodyDNA. With embodyDNA, members can submit a DNA sample and get helpful weight loss insights based on their unique traits.
Why work at Lose It!
Lose It! offers incredible benefits, flexible hours, and a work hard/ play hard culture. If you picture yourself working on solving one of the world’s biggest issues with a smart team, then heading out for apps and drinks with your peers, we’re the company for you! Join our creative, fun, fast-moving company with ample opportunity to learn and develop areas you’d like to work on professionally.
Compelling markets and technology: Lose It! is at the forefront of health and fitness, corporate wellness, machine learning, nutrigenomics and mobile and cloud computing.
A track record of success: Our founders are seasoned startup professionals; they've taken a company public, sold companies to Macromedia and Microsoft, and raised capital from firms ranging from General Catalyst to Polaris to United Healthcare's Innovation Group.
Small team, deep and interesting challenges: We may be a small team (under 40 people total), but we're always pushing the limits of current knowledge. The problems we solve are deep, complex and fascinating.
Professional growth opportunities: We encourage continuous learning through sponsoring employees to attend conferences and seminars to network, expand their knowledge and build their skillset. We also incorporate team building exercises, brainstorming sessions, and retreats to optimize how we work together as a team.
We have fun: We have a genuine camaraderie that makes us look forward to coming to work every day. (The other perks and benefits listed below don't hurt either.)
Perks & Benefits
- Commuter subsidization and prime location for public transportation
- Flexible hours
- Open vacation policy
- Profit sharing
- Gym membership or wellness reimbursement
- 1+ weeks for you and your family on our summer retreat
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Premiums are paid for by Lose It!
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- 401k plan
- Casual dress code
- Company lunches and happy hours
- Weekly organic fruit delivery
- Frequent company outings and trips
- Great collective beer knowledge