Senior Network Engineer - UCaaS/Cloud
Fuze is a global, cloud-based unified communications platform that empowers productivity and delivers insights across the enterprise by enabling simplified business voice communications, flexible video conferencing, and always-on collaboration. Fuze (formerly ThinkingPhones) allows the modern, mobile workforce to seamlessly communicate anytime, anywhere, across any device.
At Fuze we are passionate about building software that enables teams to work together more effectively. We want to harness the power of video and high quality audio to build a communications and collaboration product that is intuitive, easy to use, reliable, elegant and above all visually stunning.
The primary responsibility of this position is to manage and maintain our core network across our data centers in the US, EU & APAC. In this position you will have both operational and R&D responsibilities with an emphasis on reliability, scalability, security and performance. The selected person will have at least five years demonstrated hands on experience designing / architecting, implementing, and supporting a large scale, mission critical network. Experience working with AWS (Amazon Web Services) is considered highly desirable for this role.
This is your opportunity to join an exciting business that is poised for significant growth. You will work closely with the management team, who has a proven track record of building successful companies in the SaaS and enterprise software space.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following:
- Maintain high availability Juniper-based network architecture
- Day to day management of edge, WAN and core network devices
- Rolling out major changes and provide Tier 2/3 support during maintenance windows
- Responding to monitoring alerts
- Serve as an escalation point for any facilities or core network issues
- Design data center and core network to meet service reliability objectives
- Responsible for all hardware in the data center, managing vendor relationships, maintenance, etc.
- Turn up new and modify existing data circuits in the data center
- Document day-to-day activities in our ticketing system
- Document designs and procedures in our wiki in a clear and concise manner
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in related field
- Ability to demonstrate leadership qualities in Network Design and Implementation process
- Practical experience managing a converged (voice/video/data) Juniper-based network
- Experience building out network facilities in co-location type environments is required
- Experience designing network infrastructure for applications running in AWS
- Experience managing the setup of highly-available and serviceable networks for both LAN and WAN scenarios
- Experience implementing MPLS/VPLS/IPVPN connectivity in a multi-tenant environment required
- Familiarity with the installation and management of data center grade server hardware is essential
- Must be comfortable working in a Linux environment
- Experience working with security protocols such as NAT, ACLs, Intrusion detection
- Excellent analytic and troubleshooting skills for problems that span multiple domains (applications, network, system, hardware)
- The position requires an organized, highly motivated individual that has excellent project and task management skills
- The candidate must be a self-starter and thought-leader for the Infrastructure department and is expected to bring ideas to the table for consideration
- Regular pre-scheduled maintenance cycles occur outside of normal business hours and are shared responsibility amongst the team members on a rotational basis
- Experience with monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios, Wavefront, Splunk, Peakflow,) is preferred
- Experience working with network automation tools (e.g Ansible) is ideal
- Experience with VMware virtualization (or other hypervisors)
- Basic understanding of SIP protocols