Sr. Regulatory Manager, Consumer Food Products
Indigo improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health through the use of natural microbiology and digital technologies. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes and agronomic insights, Indigo works with growers to sustainably produce high quality harvests. The company then connects growers and buyers directly to bring these harvests to market. Working across the supply chain, Indigo is forwarding its mission of harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.comThe role of Senior Regulatory Manager, Consumer Food Products is responsible for the development, management, coordination and completion of government, regulatory and compliance documents and submissions as they relate to Consumer Food products regulatory and compliance requirements of these products for the United States and International markets, including import and export requirements.
- Review and approval of Labeling, Marketing and Sales Advertising/Promotional materials as it pertains to claims (e.g., non-GMO, organic, health, etc.) and regulatory matters
- Become an internal business partner to Indigo Consumer Food products, R&D, and the business unit, to provide guidance and ensure that necessary data is developed early on to support successful federal registrations submissions of Indigo Consumer Food products
- Manage working relationships and effective communications with government agencies involved.
- Manage and prioritize numerous product registrations simultaneously through effective communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- As required by federal regulatory requirements and guidelines, coordinate outcomes of the projects assigned to the contract laboratories (product testing, efficacy testing and subsequent reports) to ensure their quality and timely completion.
- Remain educated and informed on food products regulatory issues in the industry.
- Passion for agriculture and sustainable solutions
- Understanding of nutritional trends
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Well-structured communication skills; strong technical writing skills
- Strong record keeping, organizing and multitasking skills
- Team-oriented style and strong work ethic
- High standards for self and the team around completion of commercialization objectives
- Strong EQ (interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills)
- Ability to gain consensus working collaboratively and cross-functionally with internal and external parties
- Ability to iterate, learn and adapt quickly as the regulatory and technology landscapes evolve
- Appropriate balance of confidence and humility
- Passionate about Indigo’s mission
- BS degree required, MS preferable with emphasis on food science, food microbiology, food chemistry, nutritional sciences, food engineering, molecular biology, environmental sciences, or related
- Strong expertise and experience with current Federal and States regulations landscape for consumer food products
- Minimum of 5 years’, preferably 10 years of professional experience in food products and regulatory affairs
- Strong working relationships with Federal agencies who oversee Consumer Food products registrations
- Able to be based in Boston with occasional travel