Technical Support Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Technical Support Engineer to join our Technical Support department. This position will work with our Customers providing product support, troubleshooting and resolving technical issues. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, friendly, out-going, enjoys technology, working independently as well as on teams and transitioning knowledge to customers and co-workers. This is an exciting opportunity to help build our fast growing international company and your career. The ideal candidate will be passionate about technology and learning. This position is Sunday to Wednesday.
About the Team:
- As a member of our Technical Support team, you will join a team of bright, fast-paced professionals. You’ll work in a cutting-edge cloud environment that powers our company’s impressive growth. We are smart, innovative, ambitious, and are looking for people of the same cut to join us.
- Learn more about Everbridge and see photos of our office here.
- Meet the Everbridge team here.
- Responding to Incoming customer issues with urgency and working directly with customers to resolve problems. This support will be of both technical issues and product configuration/scope
- Research and identify root cause of customer issues and provide solutions. Where appropriate, escalate issues to other internal teams (i.e. developers), while maintaining ownership of the issue with the customer. Use your skillset to ultimately deliver a complete solution home to client
- Will be placed into a product or business cross functional knowledge sharing team. There, you will continually update your product and business knowledge by integrating with engineering or professional services, and seek to deliver ever increasing insights to customer base
- Will update technical documentation, workflows, knowledge base articles as well as document work in our issue tracking system
- Will occasionally be called upon to work shift or odd hours if the situation demands
- 3+ Years of experience in a technical, customer-facing role, supporting SaaS web applications
- Ambitious and self-motivated to leverage "idle" time between issues to enhance knowledge or skills with an eye towards growing career at Everbridge.
- Experience troubleshooting core networking/internet tech (TCP/IP, SMTP, DNS), confederated authentication tech (SSO, IDM), and understanding into how enterprise applications are built and function
- Pride of ownership around customer issues, seeks to be part of the customer's success, not just provide resolution
- Working knowledge of, and experience troubleshooting, ITSM/ITOM/DevOps/Security Ops products such as Service Now, Remedy, NetCool, New Relic, Puppet, etc.
- Experience troubleshooting mobile applications and REST API driven integrations.
- Professionalism, presentation, and technical ability to support the most complex customer use cases
- Leverage and contribute to internal resources to provide accurate solutions. Document technical knowledge.
Our team makes a difference during the most difficult times and challenging situations. Our people are dedicated to solving problems. Our software was built to save lives. Our unifying mission is to keep people safe and businesses running.
Headquartered in the great cities of Boston and Los Angeles, with operations all over the world, our team of 500+ dedicated employees support over 3,700 global customers every day in their most crucial moments. During public safety threats such as active shooter situations, terrorist attacks or severe weather conditions, as well as critical business events such as IT outages or cyber-attack incidents, customers rely on our SaaS-based platform to quickly and reliably aggregate and assess threat data, locate people at risk and responders able to assist, automate the execution of pre-defined communications processes, and track progress on executing response plans.
Our culture is all about “Making a Difference,” and we are proud to serve:
- 9 of the 10 largest U.S. cities
- 9 of the 10 largest U.S.-based investment banks
- 25 of the 25 busiest North American airports
- 6 of the 10 largest global automakers
- Over 1,000 Hospitals
As we continue to grow and transform the field of critical event management, we need passionate, committed individuals to help us carry out our mission. Click here to learn more about what we do.
Do you think you have what it takes to make a difference? Apply to be a part of our award-winning team today!
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.