Vice President, R&D
When finance professionals need to do big deals beyond business boundaries, Intralinks is their platform of choice for content distribution and collaboration. We help power financial markets.
When Whole Foods was acquired by Amazon, they turned to Intralinks to provide their due diligence virtual data room. When Ares Management LLC grew their investor base and raised more than $65B of capital they chose Intralinks to support their capital raising and fund reporting needs.
Intralinks is growing and we are changing, and change needs strong leaders who serve their people and evaluate themselves based on their ability to make the people around them better at what they do. We’re not just looking for leaders who fit in, but who can bring in new ideas and energy to help us continue on this transformational trajectory.
More specifically, we’re looking for a VP of R&D to lead teams working on product development for part of our portfolio. You speak Agile and Scrum and you are ready to support and challenge your peers in Product Management with a view to securing the best product development outcomes. You are more of a leader than a manager and you understand how to give your teams room to learn, grow, and improve without losing sight of key measurable objectives.
- Be accountable for one or more line-of-business product development initiatives spanning multiple Scrum teams.
- Put all your energy into developing motivated, self-organizing teams that will lean on you for help but as much as possible learn to solve their own problems.
- Be an active proponent of continuous improvement, leading to better iterative outcomes, increased value delivery, and getting working software into production so that the Product Owner’s business hypotheses can be proved.
- Help the teams and the Product Owner wrestle with the iron triangle of cost, quality, and time-to-market.
- Collaborate cross functionally with other Product Development constituents (architecture, product management, product design) and stakeholder constituents (product marketing, services & support, sales) to help arm the teams with holistic views on what success looks like.
- Dedicate yourself to Intralinks’ aggressive talent recruiting mandate, assessing talent, selling them on the opportunity at Intralinks, and onboarding them as productive contributors—in the US, Romania, and India.
- Coach your direct reports on what it means to be a manager and leader in an agile organization where trust in self-organizing teams nurtures a culture of learning, improvement, and focus on value (outcomes vs. output).
- Effectively communicate progress (or lack of progress) to executive leadership, knowing when and how to ask for help.
- Develop organizational strategies and help teams articulate measurable goals that align with tactical and strategic objectives.
You have to bring these things to the table:
- 10+ years of experience in Product Development, 4 of which are at a senior level. At least some of this experience is working on SaaS platforms and products hosted/deployed both privately and publicly.
- Solid communication skills—1:1, in a room, on stage. You are an effective speaker and listener. You write clearly and concisely.
- Proven experience collaborating with Product Management, understanding who is accountable for what but not afraid to analyze and challenge in order to yield strategically aligned outcomes.
- You are a fierce champion of product quality in the face of potentially conflicting constraints and pressure.
- You are aligned with the principle that customer experience informed ideation, design, and validation as the prerequisite for implementation.
- You have proven success as an active drive in recruiting quality talent and you understand that hiring someone is the first step on the way to having an effective contributor.
- You support your teams and individuals so that they can achieve their learning and development goals.
- You have a naturally non-territorial and collaborative attitude, an ever-growing curiosity, and a desire to win.
You will be tested on this stuff.
It would be great if you also have:
- A graduate degree in a technical field.
- A Master’s in Business Administration.
- A proven history of quantifiably improving the overall performance and contribution of product development teams.
- Led teams on a transition to continuous integration and delivery.
- Informed opinions and insights into how business-aligned product development teams can leverage horizontal/platform development.
- Experience leading teams that cross international borders, time zones, and cultural sensibilities.
Be ready to tell us some stories that support the above.
It would be mind-blowingly awesome if you also have:
- A Master’s in Business Administration.
- Some level of Scrum.org certification (PSM I, II, or III).
- Published articles, paneled at conferences, or in any other way can demonstrate active participation and leadership in a professional community.
- Something else that we’d be surprised to learn about you that also qualifies as awesome. (Cliff-diver? Community leader? Artist/musician?)
Surprise us with what you can bring to the table!