Part-time Team Member - Operations - Boston, MA or Cambridge, MA
Do you love order and well-organized things? Do you like working on your feet and meeting new people every day? If so, read on…
CIC is looking for a thorough individual to assist in the day-to-day operations of our commercial office space. Starting wage for this position is $17/hr for approximately 25 hours/week with a 7:30am start time, and applicants must be available to work during business hours Monday-Friday. We are hiring for several openings, and the position will be based either in the Boston office or the Cambridge office.
CIC’s mission is to improve the world by helping exceptional entrepreneurs innovate better and faster. We offer carefully curated working environments that combine private, secure offices alongside shared amenities in locations across Boston, Cambridge, Miami, Rotterdam, and St. Louis and are growing into other cities, within the US and abroad. We currently serve 1400+ startups, growth companies, and branches of larger organizations, representing for-profit, mission-driven, and non-profit sectors across a wide array of industries. We pride ourselves on displaying a high degree of care and accuracy in everything that we do, and we work to ensure that our clients thrive every day that they are in our space. We believe that our ability to support world-changing entrepreneurs is only as good as the people who make up our teams, and as such we are looking for people who are interested in contributing to--and improving--the way we work. We invite you to explore all our openings here and learn more about us here.
This person will join one of our community teams, which are composed of several full-time and part-time employees. The team works together to satisfy the day-to-day needs of our clients and ensure that the physical space is functional and organized. Some work will be independent while at other times it will require collaboration with other members of the CIC staff. We are a team-based company, and you will be evaluated on your performance by other team members.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Upkeep of conference rooms, phone booths, copy centers, and other shared areas.
• Daily restocking of assorted snacks and beverages, and maintaining kitchen space to look neat and presentable to clients and guests.
• Assembling and moving furniture between offices and basic cleaning of vacant spaces like vacuuming or dusting.
• Maintaining and organizing storage inventories such as copy paper, kitchen snacks, and other daily supplies.
• Changing toner and troubleshooting printers/copiers.
• Hanging wall shelves and whiteboards.
• Providing concierge coverage when needed and handling related front desk duties, such as mail and package processing.
• Assisting with setup of event spaces.
• Building strong professional relationships with clients in the community.
• As needed and schedule permitting, assisting the Community Team with other office tasks.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate these traits:
• Someone who naturally enjoys helping others (clients and colleagues alike) and highly values teamwork.
• Takes ownership over tasks and follows them through to completion, usually on their feet and on the move.
• Someone who is detail-oriented and organized with solid time management skills.
• Independent, reliable, and willing to learn.
• Someone who has the capacity to learn and provide basic tech support (e.g. setting up printer drivers, VoIP phones, troubleshooting things like conference room projectors).
• Someone who feels comfortable with basic power tools (e.g. using a drill).
• Brings a fresh perspective and new ideas to everything.
• We look for people who write and speak well, but we also look for individuals who understand the nuances of effective communication.
• Ability to work weekdays starting at 7:30am.
ATTRACTIONS OF THE JOB
• Fun people in a dynamic space. We pride ourselves on finding driven and bright collaborators who are eager to lend their own unique skills to the team, as well as to our inspiring clientele. The number one reason CICers say they like working here is because of their colleagues!
• Personal growth. This is a great opportunity to learn and develop skills within the epicenter of the innovation community at a growing company
• Regular massages, access to a nursing room, secure bicycle parking, a game room, a gym, and shower rooms with towels
• Central location. CIC Boston is centrally located in downtown Boston and is within walking distance to the Blue, Green, Orange, and Red line. CIC Cambridge is a stone’s throw from the Kendall Square MBTA Red Line stop.
Starting compensation is $17.00/hour plus 401k matching after the first year of employment (must be 21+) plus 12 holidays per year. Annual reviews with raises every year for those on track with strong performance.
CIC is committed to building teams that reflect the fabric of the cities we support. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, ancestry, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know.
Read Full Job Description