Product & Marketing Analytics Intern (Class of 2019)
Who we are
BookBub is one of the fastest-growing consumer tech startups in Boston. Millions of readers use BookBub every day to find great books, and our service helps thousands of leading publishers and authors drive sales and find new fans. Connecting readers with great deals on ebooks is just the beginning for BookBub. We're growing our team to launch new consumer-facing book discovery features, tools for authors and publishers, and other web and mobile products that address the digital transition of the publishing industry.
About the position
We’re seeking an enthusiastic, inquisitive, and creative problem-solver to tackle strategic business analyses and in-depth, data-based research. Projects will involve collaboration with numerous teams and managers across the company, including Business Development, Product, Engineering, and Marketing — and will help drive meaningful change in the business.
During the summer, interns will likely
- Conduct analytics projects from start to finish: planning, data collection, analysis, & presentation of findings that will inform business strategy
- Support product teams with analysis around business operations including pricing, new category launches, A/B testing, and retention
- Analyze marketing data to improve the performance of campaign elements including ads, landing pages, blog posts, and more
- Collaborate and learn from managers and team members in numerous areas across the business, from product to business development to marketing
- Develop raw analytic skills and hone instincts on entrepreneurship & business
Who we’re seeking
Ideal candidates are excited about business strategy, passionate about data, and intellectually curious. They’re energized by being a part of a fast-paced, rapidly evolving entrepreneurial environment, and they thrive when tasked with self-directed projects. They also have:
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and quantitative skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated interest in the collection, analysis, and synthesis of data to drive strategic business decisions
- Proficiency with Excel (familiarity with SQL a plus)
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
BookBub strives to be an inclusive workplace and we value learning from different perspectives. We seek to foster an environment filled with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.