Product Marketing Manager
Are you ready to join a startup that’s transforming education? At edX, our mission is to offer a world-class education to everyone, everywhere, allowing them to gain the in-demand skills and knowledge that will lead to career and lifelong success. Today, edX.org, a not-for-profit in Cambridge provides more than 13 million people access to education from the best universities and institutions in the world, including Harvard, MIT, Oxford, and Microsoft. EdX provides inspirational and transformative knowledge to students of all ages, social status, and income who form worldwide communities of learners.
Does that sound like a company you could work for?
EdX is looking for a highly motivated, intellectually curious product marketer who will have a direct impact on driving our customer growth and retention every day while working in a dynamic mission-driven organization. The Product Marketing Manager is a talented writer and will be responsible for supporting both B2C and B2B marketing initiatives by creating product collateral, solution messages, and sales enablement content that strengthens the brand, clearly communicates the edX value proposition, and engages qualified learners at edX.
- Serve as an exemplary writer, consistent with edX’s tone and mission. You write clean, concise, well-polished copy.
- Craft presentations, online content and collateral for use by edX leaders at speaking engagements, in sales presentation, and in webinars.
- Write content for blogs and email that engages and energizes our learners and clients.
- Create product content to articulate the benefits of our products to different target audiences (by geography, by company, by topic, by lifestage).
- Edit product content produced by your teammates, including conceptualizing the projects upfront and copy-editing prior to publishing.
- Work with our global learners, partner institutions, and corporate clients to create compelling case studies and learner success stories.
- Help create and write proposals for clients.
- Use data to insure that the messages are crafted to align with the target audience.
- Collaborate with marketing colleagues to review and evaluate product content effectiveness, using data and testing to insure that the emails, blogs, online content, collateral and presentations are written and designed for optimal performance.
- 3-5 years experience working in a product marketing role for a B2B or B2C company.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- A strong portfolio with engaging marketing copy and presentations.
- Experience and skill in direct to consumer, sales, and product copywriting.
- Experience writing and creating material for a variety of formats, websites, email, social media, powerpoint, documentation and sales material.
- Analytical skills with an ability to translate metrics into actions to continually improve product marketing effectiveness.
- Ability to translate complex subjects into understandable and motivating copy.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Meticulous attention to detail both for writing and editing copy and consistency in style and tone across our content.
- Has a collaborative work ethic and team oriented motivation.
- Strong desire to learn, develop skills, and participate in a mission driven organization – accepts constructive feedback with grace and the goal of improvement.
- Experience optimizing content for SEO and target keywords.
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.