Associate Product Manager, Payments
Toast is a powerful and easy to use all-in-one restaurant platform that helps the restaurants do what they love, which is to create delicious food, provide unrivaled service, and delight their guests in new and innovative ways. Along the way, we have helped our customers grow their business and thrive.
Toast has a rapidly growing customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars & nightclubs. We are passionate about how to help our customers grow their business and how to provide a best in class user experience. We strive to bring the best designs and products to our users. The design team works hand in hand with the Product and Engineering teams to steer and guide the process of developing new and improved products from conception to launch.
As the Associate Product Manager of payments, you will be a critical part of the product team and you will be spearheading initiatives that will interface with many other Toast teams across Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Business Operations to build and shape innovative products. You will also have the opportunity to interface with our restaurant customers and restaurant guests directly to get feedback on product enhancements, issues and usability in order to inspire and inform how Toast continues to iterate and grow.
As a member of the Payments Product team you will also work with Payment ecosystem players such as Payment Processors/Acquirers, Card Networks, Terminal Vendors, etc.
- Work closely with the Payments product cross functional teams to support ideation, design, development, launch and support of new and existing payment products
- Ability to write technical user stories, collaborate and communicate feature requests to Engineering teams in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Work closely with hardware team and hardware vendors to create payment acceptance solutions for various Toast products
- Review Payment processor and card network specs and bulletins to understand impacts to Toast’s Payment processing platform and initiate/prioritize projects to address changes
- Provide integration support related to Payment features for 3rd parties using the Toast API platform
- Work with customers and prospects directly regarding product launch, feedback and feature requests
- Document and manage product feature requests from customers and other internal and external sources
- Manage project schedules and resourcing plans
- Ability to manage multiple projects and fulfill product requests while meeting tight deadlines
- Work closely with product marketing and other internal/external parties in researching latest trends in Payments industry; create business cases to support new ideas products and features for Toast Payments
- A minimum 2 years as a Business Analyst, Technical Analyst or Associate Product Manager in a fast-paced software or technical environment
- BS/BA or MS degree in Computer Science, Business, or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Understanding of the hospitality space and the evolving market dynamics
- Strong communication skills, including prioritizing, problem-solving and interpersonal relationship building
- Proven time management and organization skills (must be able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines)
- Experience in Payments industry, especially working knowledge of EMV, Contactless processing is a strong plus