Consumer Product Manager
Who we are
BookBub is one of the fastest-growing consumer tech startups in Boston (and we’re profitable). Millions of readers use BookBub every day to find great books, and our service empowers thousands of leading publishers and authors to drive sales and find new fans. We’re expanding our team to address the challenges and opportunities of the publishing industry while continuing to help readers find books and authors they’ll love. Learn more about what to expect working at BookBub.
About the position
BookBub is looking for a product manager to join our team and act as a catalyst to accelerate member and revenue growth for our book discovery platform. The person who fills this role will become a key member of the Product team, and work collaboratively across the organization to scale up a consumer experience that already engages millions of passionate readers every day.
Here’s a sample of what someone can expect to accomplish in their first year in this position:
- Identify the most impactful new features and levers for growth, and then turn those insights into specific, actionable, near-term initiatives that accelerate user acquisition, activation, and engagement
- Evaluate our mobile web and app strategy, then create and optimize mobile products to increase user engagement
- Work with the design team to improve the user experience across email, web and mobile products
- Establish a strong partnership with other teams to enable BookBub to hit quarterly growth and engagement targets
Ideal candidates for the position will have most of the following experience and skills:
- Product management experience with a fast-paced consumer internet company
- Demonstrated track record of driving significant user adoption, growth and engagement
- Excellent analytical instincts, deep intellectual curiosity, and a strong belief in making data-driven decisions
- Ability to absorb technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience
- A well-honed ability to assess customer needs and preferences through user surveys, A/B testing, market research, data analysis, and rapid experimentation
- Familiarity with user experience and user interface best practices across desktop, mobile web and mobile app products
- Experience with funnel optimization, SEO, referral programs or viral features
- Ability to lead and influence without being the direct manager
- Ability to distill complex concepts into easily digestible information and drive stakeholder alignment
- Outcome oriented: ability to articulate the desired outcome and work collaboratively to achieve it
BookBub offers competitive benefit options including medical, dental, vision, 401k, and take-what-you-need paid time off.
Your interview experience
Our goal is to create an environment where you can interview at your best. If we can provide any assistance or accommodations during your time with us, please let us know at [email protected]. All requests are treated as privately as possible and have no impact on candidate eligibility.
BookBub strives to be an inclusive workplace and we value learning from different perspectives. We seek to foster an environment filled with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.