Data Warehouse Technical Product Manager
Chewy is looking for a Data Warehouse Technical Product Manager to join our Data Warehouse Team based in Boston, MA. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, highly motivated, hands-on data warehouse professional with relevant experience in working with business and engineering teams. The position will be responsible for developing the technology roadmap for the data warehouse objectives, gathering detailed business requirements from stakeholders and collaborating with engineering teams to deliver the solutions. Ability to rapidly adapt and manage multiple initiatives of varying priorities across different PODs like Sales, Finance and, Supply Chain.
What you'll do:
- Earn and maintain the trust of business stakeholders.
- Work closely with business and engineering teams to translate business vision & objectives into actionable tech initiatives across application, and analytics.
- Be the product owner and manage the prioritization and backlog of business initiatives, conduct scoping estimates and be the primary point of contact for business and engineering teams. Create EPIC’s/User Stories for business initiatives and work closely with respective scrum masters to get them delivered.
- Work closely with the engineering manager to set priorities.
- For each initiative, conduct due diligence and impact analysis using data, process knowledge, and use-cases with a goal to elicit comprehensive requirements across application, ETL and analytics layer.
- Coordinate with engineering teams to conduct proof of concept where required to ensure solution meets business objectives.
- Work with engineering team to resolve bottlebecks to help deliver final solutions.
- Translate complex business needs into simple, detailed & straightforward product/solution requirements with help of process flows, use-cases and clear assumptions.
- Understand the impact of changes on Integration/ETL/DataWarehouse/Analytics area and document any cross application / functional impact that should be addressed along with the delivery of initiatives.
- Collaborate with engineering teams through the build process and ensure solution delivered meets functional / non functional / security / usability requirements within agreed timelines.
- Collaborate with engineering and business teams to ensure UAT is planned, organized and conducted smoothly.
- Support business teams during the rollout of initiatives to business functions/users.
- Help running the day to day operations .
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree required MBA / master’s is a plus.
- 5+ years of Technical Product Management or Project Management experience.
- Agile experience (Scrum master, product owner)
- Independently write SQL queries, work with excel pivot tables/power pivot to analyze and synthesize data.
- Excellent analytical skills, confident to present a point of view and reason well with Business & Engineering stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent initiatives in a dynamic, fast-paced organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills, fluent communicator and collaborative mindset.
- Passionate to learn and stay updated with the latest in the Data Warehouse.
- Relevant working experience in a Data Warehouse environment.
- ETL and Big Data knowledge.
- Finance knowledge.
- Exceptional customer service skills, follows up with clients and team members, and takes initiative to anticipate and solve problems.