Digital Product Manager
What great looks like in this role
Our ideal Digital Product Manager candidate is team oriented and possesses excellent communication skills and extensive experience in consumer-facing product management. This role requires a hybrid of business acumen and customer centricity to support new and emerging opportunities in digital customer experience. This is an opportunity to work in a fast paced, innovative, and collaborative environment on exciting technology directives. You have a high EQ, and can balance the needs of
stakeholders and business partners while supporting and enabling diverse team of developers, BA’s and QA. You enjoy managing people. You’ve worked in Agile and understand it’s ceremonies.
You’re also team-oriented and take a collaborative approach to working with others. With a flat
leadership structure, the opportunity for flexibility within role, and development into other areas is a
core reason most people desire to work in Digital Experience at MassMutual.
Objectives of this role
Beyond shipping new features on a regular cadence, you embrace value over velocity and strive
to create great tools and services for customers, internal and external.
Daily and monthly responsibilities
● Team Manager responsible for coaching and development of all members of aligned
product-centric agile team
● Team leader partnering and or directing work completed by product teams and product owners
across the Digital Experience team
● Works with the Digital Experience Product Team, subject matter experts and other stakeholders
to perform business analysis and conduct customer research to support current and new
product roadmaps supporting multiple business lines
● Works across the organization and with business stakeholders to resolve/communicate key
issues, critical decisions, and priorities
● Ensure the organization initiatives are aligned with strategy to deliver business value
● Analyze the feasibility of, and develop requirements to support existing platforms and create
new digital capabilities
● Involved in planning and supporting business process to identify go to market strategies for new
products and services
● Help define and drive design concepts partnering with the design team based on business
● Help define and execute new business concepts in emerging platforms including but not limited
to artificial intelligence and voice applications
● Conducts competitive and market analysis and is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the
● Establishes and drives overall product strategy. Develop corresponding program plans and the
roadmap to support the product delivery.
Required skills and qualifications
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively present
complex information clearly and appropriately handle sensitive information
● Agile/SCRUM experience specifically in Story/Acceptance criteria development
● Extremely organized, detail-oriented individual who is capable of self-managing and
multi-tasking in a fast-paced, demanding environment
● Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally and influence outcomes
● Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing business priorities and a strong work ethic
● Endlessly curious in how emerging digital trends can translate into excellent customer
● Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
● Data-driven mindset, using quantitative tools and analyzing unstructured feedback to inform
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Finance, Business or related field
● 7 years’ experience working on customer facing products
● Experience collaborating with a team of programmers with varying skill sets.
● Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to work in a rapid and iterative development
● Experience delivering mobile apps and app store ecosystems.