Director of Product Management, Digital Ordering
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an extraordinary commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help craft the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
We are looking for a highly-motivated, energetic, and entrepreneurial Director of Product Management, Digital Ordering, to pioneer our efforts to provide a best-in-class digital ordering experience for restaurants (e.g. takeout, delivery, catering, etc). Restaurants today struggle to delight their guests and manage their operations due to the rapid proliferation of digital ordering platforms and interfaces. At the same time, they also find it challenging to understand how to get the best business results out of such offerings.
You will be responsible for creating new experiences that empower restaurants to leverage the full power of digital ordering while also advancing our existing, high-growth digital ordering offerings. This is a highly unique opportunity to contribute to the early growth of a major new strategic area that could significantly impact Toast’s future growth. We are looking for exceptional candidates with a track record of independently defining, developing, launching, and scaling new B2B software products in the restaurant and hospitality industry.
As a leader for this product, you will:
- Work within a cross-functional team to create a new business line focused on digital ordering
- Plan an aggressive roadmap to improve the digital ordering experience for restaurants
- Lead a team of engineers, QA, UX designers and work closely and independently with other internal stakeholders to execute on your roadmap and drive business goals for your product area
- Become an expert on Toast’s products, business, and technology
- Develop deep relationships with restaurateurs to assess needs, pressure test ideas, and roll out new products/features
- Immerse yourself in the diner experience to ensure that restaurant products/features are helping restaurants to better serve their guests
- Become an expert on digital ordering products, players, and industry trends
- Work with engineering to plan sprints, write user stories, and test product features
- Work with UX designers to design delightful experiences
- Prepare and deliver, clear and concise executive-level presentations on your product strategy, roadmap, execution, and go-to-market plans
Do you have the right ingredients?
- High energy and motivation to achieve results, and willingness to be independently entrepreneurial to do so
- 12+ years of hands-on B2C software product management experience and a successful track record of delivering great products
- Experience in utilizing design thinking, innovation, and testing to develop new products and features to serve user needs
- Exceptional ability to develop and communicate product, strategic, and business plans to cross-functional leadership
- Strong ability to collaborate cross functionally with Product, Engineering, Design, Marketing, Sales, and Operations to ensure success of the business
- Strong belief in, and adherence to Toast’s core values (RECIPE)
- Experience in restaurants and/or hospitality is desired by not required