Platform - Product Owner
- Develop a deep contextual understanding of our customers, our users, and their needs.
- Maintain deep knowledge, context, & ownership of the features/components the Platform group works on.
- Build & maintain a working understanding of the underlying architecture & designs supporting your primary areas of focus.
- Work with your Director of Product to define and prioritize product deliverables for our customers.
- Work with a Core Team of engineers to provide market/customer context, build detailed requirement stories that define product solutions to customer needs, define phased execution of requirements where necessary, and answer questions as needed.
- Collaborate with extended, cross-functional teams on requirements.
- Participate in product team reviews of strategy, roadmap & product requirements.
- Drive/participate in backlog prioritization process for your Core Team that defines feature commitments for upcoming sprints, taking into account the multi-faceted needs of business (e.g. committed epics, customer enhancements, usability).
- Participate in the sprint planning with your Core Team, including a review of the previous sprint, an overview of an upcoming sprint, review of new customer enhancements, and any pre-planned discussion items.
- Verify readiness of features for release to production, public beta or private beta.
- Work with Technical Documentation team to ensure relevant collateral is prepared to support release.
- 5+ years experience in a technology company.
- 3+ years professional experience in a product or engineering role for a SaaS product.
- Ability to influence and work collaboratively with people in all roles/teams.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads.
- Attention to detail and excellent listening/speaking skills.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong technical skills that enable you to engage productively with technical teams.
- Strong analytics, with a data-driven approach to decision making.
- Background in user experience a plus.
- BS or BA, with a strong plus for computer science /engineering.
- Must be a team player, and be comfortable in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or another major public cloud a strong plus.
- High degree of comfort with complex technical environments.