ezCater is the #1 online - and the only nationwide - marketplace for business catering in the United States – a $22 billion market. Our 1.9M+ on-time ratings and reviews, our 65K+ caterers and restaurants, and our 5-star customer service make it superbly easy for business people to find and order great food for their meetings. We’re backed by Insight Venture Partners and Iconiq Capital, we’re on a path to $1B in 2019, and we’ll get there - even more surely if you come help us.
The role of Product Analyst will be instrumental in elevating ezCater's ability to be a data driven product organization As an early member of the ezCater data analytics team, you'll work cross functionally with product groups, providing insights and suggestions to better serve our customers.
What you’ll do:
- Dive into ezCater’s product data to sniff out trends. Answer your own nested ‘why’ questions about those trends before anybody else even has to scratch his or her head.
- Improve, monitor, and improve again the dashboards that run our business and each department. Sound the alarm if you’re the first to see anything going off the rails.
- Perform ad hoc analyses and data extractions. We all clamor for these constantly, but sometimes you’ll be testing your own hypotheses.
- Add to our ranks of ‘data champions’ across the company, by making our data accessible and your conclusions useful.
- Problem solve: even when problems are ambiguously defined and roadblocks arise, you find creative ways to arrive at usable solutions
- Have hands on experience analyzing product data in support of a complex business
- Be a SQL Jockey and love excel
- Take a data driven approach to problem solving
- Data Manipulation Experience (Excel, R, Python)
- Be able to explain complex analyses, and translate complex conclusions, into straightforward and actionable business terms.
- Have worked with cross functional product teams (designers, engineers, product managers) and have demonstrated results effectively communicate your findings to others (including presenting them to groups).
- Thrive on juggling multiple projects – and tying them together. You’ll be most successful when you’ve understood the interplay of all our parts.
- Experience with A/B testing and experiment design
- Experience or interest in machine learning
What you’ll get from us:
Importantly, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office smack-dab in Boston’s Downtown Crossing, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.