At Markforged, we are on a mission to unlock the next 10x of innovation in design and manufacturing. We build an Industrial 3D Printing Platform to liberate designers and engineers from decades-old, slow part creation processes. NASA, Google, Ford, Amazon, Siemens and thousands of companies in 50 countries use Markforged to print same-day prototypes and produce stronger end-use parts than they did before. With Markforged, customers are able to ship 50X faster, spend 20X less, and build products that are 23X stronger.
Markforged is looking for a Product/UX Designer to help us define and build the future of our Eiger 3D printing cloud software. We build industrial printers and make materials -- but some of our most exciting and innovative work is in the software that powers it all.
In this role you will:
- Work with product managers, other designers, and developers to define and build new functionality in Eiger cloud software
- Create and refine workflows through prototypes and wireframes
- Create high fidelity visual design specifications
- Conduct usability testing and iterate designs from the findings
What we look for:
- 1-3 years of experience working as a Product Designer / UX Designer
- Experience designing browser-based software applications
- Natural bias towards understanding our users
- Span multiple design disciplines, including information architecture, prototyping, interaction design, and visual design
- Proficiency in Sketch, Adobe CC and prototyping tools (Webflow is a plus)
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Ability to communicate your work and the rationale behind it to the broader team
- Willingness to deal with Jira and Confluence
- Bachelors in HCI, CS, Interaction Design, or alternative design degree
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning, data-driven decision making, and prioritization
- We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up
- We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description