Fuze is in the business of collaboration. We enable our customers to communicate any way that fits their needs—from calling and messaging to video and meetings. It’s our job as a design team to create experiences that solve our users' needs and represent the Fuze brand.
Behind the curtain of our desktop and mobile apps are a set of back-office products aimed at making teams more effective and the management of users easier. Our customers come in all shapes and sizes, and we are always trying to find ways to improve how they use and manage Fuze.
This role will help shape our management products by taking experiences that used to be difficult and time-consuming and designing them to be simpler, more efficient and easier to use. This position will be based in our headquarters in Boston, MA.
Skills, Experience, and Characteristics:
As a designer, you’ll be working hand-in-hand with the Principal Product designer for Back Office to execute towards our roadmap as well as inform the design culture at Fuze. The right person for this role is an independent thinker, with a collaborative spirit and the desire to learn, grow and push the team.
The successful candidate should have:
- 2+ years of experience in product design, with a supporting portfolio of work
- The ability to work and collaborate with remote design and development teams
- A modern design aesthetic
- A passion for both UI and UX
- Experience in responsive web application design
- The ability to present work and articulate rationale behind decisions
- A love of collaboration, giving and taking design feedback constructively
- A passion for discovering and exceeding customer needs
- A willingness to pitch in for the team and drive progress
- Intrinsic motivation
- Demonstrable experience with both Sketch and InVision
Candidates who also possess the following skills are highly desirable:
- Mobile design experience (Native Android/iOS)
- Data visualization experience
- Creating, maintaining, or working within a design system or library
- Creation of illustration/iconography
- Coding or prototyping skills (CSS, HTML, animation etc.)
- Experience with Design Led Thinking
- Familiarity or desire to learn WCAG/Accessibility Design Standards
Software (Either be familiar with, or have a willingness to learn):
- Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Google Apps