Product Filing Consultant
This position will provide support to our Regulatory Product Filing team.
- Complete drafting for advanced technical writing assignments/complex policy and contract forms, including, riders, endorsements, rates, etc., for life and disability income insurance and financial products for filing with the various state insurance departments and the Interstate Insurance Product Regulation Commission (the "Compact")
- Manage product drafting and filing process through receipt of state approvals.
- Prepare and complete regulatory filings (e.g., CA 97-2, Plan-of- Operations and fund filings) for submission to the various state insurance departments and the Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”)
- Strong problem resolution/negotiation skills, including the ability to work with peers and business partners to develop responses to regulator objections/comments to form filings
- Insurance and financial products subject matter expert
- Conduct legal research, analyze, and interpret regulations/requirements relevant to insurance and financial product filings
- Mentor associates
- Bachelor’s degree: Advanced degree (i.e. Law degree) preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of advanced insurance policy forms drafting experience, or demonstrated ability to accurately and effectively draft complex legal documents.
- Experience analyzing and interpreting state insurance product guidelines
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future.
- 5 years or more prior advanced insurance contract/policy forms, or other demonstrated legal drafting experience.
- Knowledge of SERFF (System for Electronic rate and Forms State Filing) system
- Demonstrated ability to pay attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret state guidelines and alert management of potential compliance risks
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Compliance/legal background
- Knowledge of insurance products, including life and disability income insurance.