Product Manager, Consumer Team
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
CarGurus is looking for a highly motivated Product Manager to join our Consumer team. The Product “Guru” will capitalize on CarGurus consumer products to help continue to grow the company into a top industry leader. This role is highly cross-functional, and requires product management experience, strong analytical skills, creative problem solving, and a passion for innovation.
What You'll Do:
- Develop the vision and roadmap for a strategic consumer priority area
- Partner with our world class engineering team to drive the development of consumer oriented products and services
- Identify consumer needs and pain points in the car shopping experience, and translate those insights into impactful product innovations
- Define and analyze the data to determine success of consumer programs and prioritize new market opportunities
- Work cross functionally with the broader business and effectively communicate team plans and results
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of product management experience in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Bachelor’s degree from a top school required, MBA preferred
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills required
- Ability to move fast and think big
- Ability to manage projects of varying size and scope simultaneously while prioritizing appropriately
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation experience
- Tenacious self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Ability to effectively liaison with internal teams, and able to adapt style to work closely with varying personality types
- Good sense of humor and likes working in an unstructured, fast-paced environment
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.