Product Manager, Forms
Smartsheet is seeking a practical and curious Product Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate will be collaborative, analytical, and passionate about our mission–empowering everyone to improve how they work. They must be an effective problem solver that is able to execute with little supervision. This essential role is part of the Product Management team and will report directly to the Principal Product Manager in our Boston office.
You are creative and know how to craft a vision. You will start from customer insights to create and test hypotheses. You know how to turn a validated hypothesis into a vision and sell it to your stakeholders. You can turn that vision into a roadmap with corresponding goals so that you can hold your team accountable for delivering a working feature.
You are practical and know how to get results. You will collaborate with your team and build relationships across the organization to deliver meaningful results for the business. You can do a deep dive on details but know when to come up and orient to your objectives. You don’t let barriers get in your way but know when to course correct when you don’t get the results you want.
You are curious and know how to use data to make decisions. You know what questions to ask to uncover opportunities and understand what levers to pull to drive business results. You know how to measure the results of your work, test it with real users, and understand its downstream effects. You consider the long term impacts of experiments and look for more than just short term boost to metrics.
You are technical and know how modern software is built. While you may or may not know how to code, you have technical skills to support yourself and your team. You use your technical context to make better, faster decisions and to minimize technical debt. You understand design patterns and can create functional specs and wireframes. You can use self-serve data exploration tools to support your own decision making. While you'll have the resources on your team that are experts in these areas, you can fill in the gaps whenever needed.
You are a skilled written communicator. Smartsheet is a global organization with offices in Edinburgh, Boston, and Bellevue–writing is our primary means of communication. You will use written communication to communicate your team’s vision, roadmap, and progress. You know the right tool for the job, whether it’s managing the day-to-day cadence of projects or building cross-company momentum around a project.
Things you might do.
Smartsheet is a rapidly growing organization, here’s where you’ll spend most of your time:
- Communicate a vision for the team looking out 3-12 months and build a roadmap to match that vision
- Work in a small, autonomous, cross-functional team alongside design, engineering, UX research, and data to decide what we build next and execute on that decision
- Conduct product discovery by doing market research and customer interviews to find problems that are worth solving
- Work closely with product designers on solutions by writing specs and creating wireframes
- Develop a sufficient understanding of technical context to help make better, faster decisions, and work closely with engineers on solutions
- Running early access programs to cover feedback from our customers as we get closer to launch
- Dig deep on data to understand trends and develop a better picture of the business, the product, or our customers.
- Measure and report on the results of your work (creating dashboards, writing SQL queries, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree required, Business, Computer Science or other technical degree is preferred
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.