Product Manager, Hardware
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an extraordinary commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help craft the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
On the product management team, you will interface with other Toast teams across Product, Engineering, UX, Marketing, Sales, Finance and Customer Success to build and shape innovative products. You will have the opportunity to interface with our restaurant customers (CIOs, CTOs, CMOs, managers and employees) directly to get feedback on product enhancements, issues and usability in order to inspire and inform how Toast continues to iterate and grow.
As a Product Manager on the Hardware team, you will:
- Work closely with the Toast product team to support business needs, develop business case, justify the ROI, and owning the roadmap
- Write technical user stories, as well as communicate feature requests to the engineering team in a fast-paced environment
- Manage hardware project schedules and resourcing plans
- Discover customer pain points and drive for high quality feature requests
- Manage multiple projects, and fulfill product requests within tight timelines
- Source new products and drive the qualification of the product internally and externally
- Analyze and track product KPIs to understand how hardware products are performing in the field
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related engineering field
- A minimum 3 years Product Manager in a fast-paced hardware development environment and have launched at least 1 hardware product to market
- Strong understanding of hardware product development processes, from market research, user study, design, prototyping, production and post production quality support
- Experience building strategic partnership with hardware vendors and suppliers
- Proven experience in bridging the technical and business sides of hardware projects, including the desire to lead through collaboration of these stakeholders
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to demonstrate ideas visually
- Proven time management, prioritization and organizational skills (must be able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience in user experience design and research is a plus
- Fluency in Mandarin is a strong plus
- Experience in data mining and/or querying skills is a plus