Product Manager -Loyalty
Do you want to be part of a growing dynamic product team that is revolutionizing the restaurant industry? Do you get excited when you work directly with customers and then develop products that solve their painful problems? If so, you are a Toaster.
Who we are
Toast has built a powerful and easy to use cloud-based restaurant technology platform for restaurants, helping them operate more efficiently and delight guests in new and innovative ways. We have a rapidly growing customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars & nightclubs. We are passionate about how to help our customers grow their business, and how to provide a best in class user experience. We strive to bring the best designs and products to our users. The product management team works hand in hand with the engineering team to steer and guide the process of developing new and improved products from conception to launch.
The opportunity we are going after is massive, with 15 million restaurants globally.
- Assist the Director of Product to define and manage the product roadmap for these offerings.
- Drive the execution of the product roadmap in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage relationships and communications with all relevant stakeholders including external loyalty and gift card providers.
- Work directly with customers to understand their loyalty programs and gift card requirements.
- Research 3rd party solutions and identify how best to integrate their solutions into the Toast platform.
- Lead a cross functional team of engineers, QA, UX designers and work closely with other internal stakeholders (marketing, sales, customer support, services, legal, finance) to provide guidance and direction to achieve the business goals for your products.
- Work with engineering to plan sprints, write user stories and help test product features before launching it to customers.
- Work with UX designers to design delightful consumer experiences and participate in testing these experiences with consumers to drive usability decisions.
- Use data and metrics to back up hypotheses and to develop business cases, while clearly and effectively communicating data insights to others.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- 2-5 years of hands-on product management experience and a successful track record of delivering great products
- BA/BS required (preferably in a computer science related discipline)
- Understanding of the hospitality space and the evolving market dynamics will be considered a plus, but not required