Product Manager, Payments
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity of thought, background and experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
The Payments teams are the hidden heroes and heroines of Toast. Your team ensures a restaurant can always perform the mission critical act of taking a payment from a guest, even in the middle of a power outage! As an integrated payment processor, Toast processes millions of dollars per day, and at the end of the day, makes sure that money gets to a restaurant’s bank account. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* for a change?
Your role is to represent what’s best for a server or guest in their payment interactions with Toast, and make thoughtful tradeoffs with your resources. Your ability to communicate your prioritization decisions, technical nuances of problems, and the voice of the customer will help ensure millions of guests and servers across the country don’t have to think twice at the end of their joint experiences.
We just finished baking:
- A new payment workflow intended for guest interaction, presented on a new piece of hardware
- A full inventory of our tipping configurations and screens so we could make product decisions on unexpected results
- Dashboards with re-defined payment health metrics
About this roll*:
- Drive purpose and clarity for your engineering team
- Safely launch and support new payments features
- Crisply define problems and strategic rationale before designing solutions
- Own your roadmap while gathering inputs from all stakeholders
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Love applying an analytical lens to problems
- Live by the mantra “ruthlessly prioritize”
- Strong written and oral communication
- Experience working with hardware and/or UX stakeholders preferred
- Experience in the payments industry (card present) is a strong plus
*Bread puns encouraged but not required