Product Manager, Platform
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an extraordinary commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, consumer-facing experiences, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help craft the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
As Product Manager for the Platform team, you will be a critical part of the product management organization, spearheading initiatives that will help scale the Toast platform to remain ahead of the explosive customer growth we are experiencing. You will also have the opportunity to interface with our restaurant customers directly to get feedback on product enhancements, product issues and usability in order to inspire and inform how Toast continues to iterate and grow.
We are looking for a passionate and technical product manager that can operate as a business owner for the Toast platform, develop the long term platform strategy, define a roadmap and work closely with a world class engineering team to build out a highly scalable, high performance platform. Someone who can motivate members of the team to make the technology experience for tens of thousands of servers, managers, and chefs seamless and to empower them to serve their guests without any hiccups.
As a Product Manager for the Platform team, you will:
- Assist in developing the long term platform strategy that will help scale a high performing restaurant platform for future needs.
- Communicate Toast’s platform vision to a wide variety of key stakeholders.
- Articulate the business case for platform improvements, and measure/quantify success.
- Collaborate with customer support and field implementation services to understand present and future customer needs, and translate them into a product roadmap.
- Make the right prioritization decisions driven by customer and business value created.
- Write technical user stories, collaborate and communicate feature requests to engineering teams in a fast paced, agile environment.
- Manage multiple projects and fulfill product requests while meeting tight deadlines.
- Follow-up with customers and prospects directly regarding product feedback and feature requests.
Do you have the right ingredients?
- BA/BS required.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in product management.
- A self-starter with natural leadership instincts and an entrepreneurial work style.
- A track record of delivering very successful, complex B2B platforms used by tens of thousands of businesses.
- A strong passion for understanding the technical inner workings of your products.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative environment.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of restaurant and hospitality industry is a plus
- Experience in APIs and platform strategy is also a plus