Product Manager - Sustaining & Escalations
edX is an online learning platform founded by Harvard and MIT in 2012, which today serves millions of people around the world. As a Product Manager, Sustaining & Escalations you are the Product Owner for the escalations process including triage and prioritization of bugs, as well serving as owner of edX’s sustaining engineering roadmap. The Sustaining & Escalations team is the first contact within our cross-functional organization to respond to challenges that arise from operating a successful, complex, consumer-facing web application.
You’ll regularly engage with internal stakeholders, and engineering teams to identify, synthesize, and clearly communicate product requirements that create an outstanding experience and achieve desired outcomes for our Learners and Partners.
Serve as the Product Manager for Sustaining & Escalations work at edX. Define strategy, target outcomes, priorities, and roadmap for this key business area Communicate measure business impact to your stakeholders
- Responsible for prioritization of incoming bugs and measuring the flow of future bugs
- Work with engineering teams to define the execution plans for user stories
- Communication and project management for follow up bug fixes
- Use data to understand trends and propose necessary technical and process improvements to increase efficiency
- Sustaining Engineering:
- Communicate directly with and stakeholders from across the company to understand emerging product needs and capture these in the form of user stories.
- Define the engineering backlog, technical and product requirements, that will achieve the desired outcomes.
- Define MVP, examine tradeoffs, and manage risks.
- About you:
- You are a strong project manager, remaining calm under pressure and can drive prioritization of problems into discrete components.
- You have excellent cross-group communication and collaboration skills, including conflict resolution, presentation and negotiation skills.
- You are data driven, using data to inform your decision-making and proactively update processes.
- You understand how to work iteratively - delivering incremental value to your customers while understanding tradeoffs.
- You can speak both technical and non-technical languages to bridge engineering with other parts of the organization to facilitate problem solving
- You have a deep curiosity for learning new things - you will be expected to develop a deep understanding of all key components of the edX platform.
- Your experience:
- At least 4 years of experience in product management, project management, or related experience.
- Demonstrated abilities related to feature or project ownership (or co-ownership) and development.
- Experience creating user stories, acceptance criteria, and other artifacts related to Agile.
- You’ve worked in start-ups or other fast-moving environments and adapted to an ever-changing product landscape.
- Strong understanding of technical concepts, especially in web and database technologies.
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.