Product Manager, US
About Salary Finance
Salary Finance is a fintech company underpinned by a social purpose. Our mission is to make the lives of millions of working people less stressful, more productive, and much happier. We partner with leading employers to offer financial wellness benefits that help employees improve their lives by improving their finances.
In 2018, we expanded operations to the US with support from our UK headquarters. Today, our US team is located in Boston’s Seaport District under the leadership of SoFi co-founder Dan Macklin as CEO of Salary Finance Inc.
We’re growing fast in the US market with our recent $32.8 million Series C funding, backed by existing investors Blenheim Chalcot and Legal & General. We were named BITC’s Responsible Business of the Year 2018, included in KPMG’s Global Fintech 100, listed top of the Forbes’ list of socially-responsible startups, recognized by Built in Boston and MassEcon for investing in innovative thinkers, and profiled by the Wall Street Journal, the Financial Times, and more.
We’re looking for an influential Product Manager to lead the enhancement of our US Borrow product and facilitate the localization and delivery of our UK Savings and Advance products to the US market. Reporting into the Head of Lending, you'll be collaborating with a variety of stakeholders across the Operations, Development and Sales teams to identify key areas for improvement, draft solutions, prioritize them and then communicate those solutions to the delivery team.
This is an exciting role where you can build products that could genuinely be a game changer for an already rapidly growing business. The challenges we throw at you will be varied, from automating large-scale manual processes to optimizing the customer-facing products. We want to keep you on your toes - one thing's for sure, you'll always be learning here. Don't worry - you'll be working with a world-class Product team so you'll have the opportunity to learn from doing as well as from your colleagues.
- You are passionate about businesses that deliver social impact, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- You are excited by the power of technology to change people’s lives.
- You are resilient, empathetic, collaborative, detail-oriented, and self-motivated with excellent organizational, time and project management skills.
- You can work independently and produce accurate, high quality work within short time constraints.
- You are a clear thinker and persuasive communicator, with excellent verbal and written communication skills. You’ll need to gain support for your ideas and engage with stakeholders to gather feedback.
- You show a positive attitude and flexibility when faced with multiple, fast-paced, competing objectives.
- You have the ability to work with the team at all levels, in an open office setting, within a highly collaborative environment and start-up culture.
Nice to have
- You have 1 to 2+ years of experience as a Product Manager or Management Consultant or are a developer looking to move into Product.
- You are degree educated (or equivalent) and have a passion for applying technology and innovative thinking to disrupt traditional markets.
- You have worked in an environment where asking the right questions, analyzing data, developing solutions and communicating with stakeholders are central to what you do.
- You have experience of Product Management activities such as customer research, user testing, prioritizing, writing requirements etc.
- You know what ‘agile’ is and understand its principles.
- You have experience within Financial Services or within a regulated environment.
- Develop a US product road map in conjunction with stakeholders including the Head of Lending, US Operations team and the Product Review Board in the UK.
- Help create documentation and marketing materials for the product, making sure that these are agreed and used with all relevant parties.
- Ensure that your agile backlog is always up to date, properly planned, agreed, prioritized and prepared for the next 4+ weeks.
- Understand how to deliver an MVP and be able to make critical prioritization decisions to avoid project creep.
- Facilitate the generation of ideas and analyze them to figure out where we should be focusing our attention and how we can get the best out of our resources.
- Create, gather, measure and monitor a key set of KPI's for the product to ensure that we are always developing in the right direction.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme
- Regular company socials
- Fast-growing environment
- Career development - no two days will be the same
- Generous company benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance with 50% covered by company; short-term disability, 401(k), 20 personal days and extra day off on your birthday and many other perks!
We’re looking for people that want to make a difference. We have a great collaborative, entrepreneurial team that are passionate about what they do. If you want to join a team that is changing people’s lives for the better then we’d love to hear from you.
Learn more at salaryfinance.com/us.