At Hopper, we’re on a mission to make booking travel faster, easier, and more transparent. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing travel app -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel more. With over $235M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its path toward becoming the go-to way to book travel as the world continues its shift to mobile.
Recognized as the fastest-growing travel app by Forbes and one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company two years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 35 million times and has helped travelers plan over 100 million trips and counting. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016 and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
Take off with us!
As a Product Manager, you will work at the intersection of development, data science, and user experience, as well as have a competitive understanding of the travel landscape to facilitate the creation of successful new features. On any given day - whether you’re weighing the tradeoffs of offering new features, scoping and specifying solutions, or shepherding features through development - your contribution to Hopper’s success will be critical. You'll become part of a passionate, versatile, and highly collaborative team with big ambitions.
A perfect candidate has:
- Thrived in a consumer product role and delivered delightful features at scale
- An innovative and detail-oriented approach to problem-solving
- Exceptional ability to grasp, manage, and articulate complex systems
- Technical depth that allows you to communicate with, understand, and earn the respect of world-class engineers and data scientists
- A track record of being proactive and persuading colleagues by constructing a compelling narrative both in person and in writing
- Past success analyzing data, drawing accurate conclusions, and adjusting strategy accordingly
- No ego. Strong focus on doing what is right for the customer and the company
- Experience with mobile product development strongly preferred
- Experience with GDS, CRS, airline, hotel and/or other travel systems a plus
In this role, you will:
- Manage a product roadmap for a set of features from inception through implementation; collect requirements, establish key performance metrics, and drive execution
- Collaborate closely with data science to dive deep into our data to understand our users
- Identify the essential qualities of each feature: what's important, what's not, how can we limit cost and risk?
- Understand and explain complex technical issues, discern impact, and communicate them to maximize clarity and drive resolution
- Use good judgment to make appropriate trade-offs when scoping and specifying solutions, ensuring that anything we build adds value to the business and continues to delight our users
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options.
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business.
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans.
- Access to a 401k (Boston) or Retirement Savings Plan (Montreal).
- Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or parking pass.
- IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry.
- Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and snacks (both healthy and not-healthy).
- Team lunches, off-site activities and much more!
- In Cambridge, work in a historic factory building near Kendall Square; in Montreal, work in an artist’s loft in the Mile End.