Tamr, Inc., connects and enriches the vast reserves of underutilized internal and external data, so enterprises can use all their data for analytics and downstream applications. Tamr’s data-unification platform combines machine learning algorithms with collective human insight to identify sources, understand relationships and curate the massive variety of silo-ed data. The Tamr platform is deployed in production at information services providers, pharmaceutical firms, manufacturers and other customers. Based in Cambridge, Mass., Tamr was founded in 2013 by database industry veterans Andy Palmer, Mike Stonebraker and Ihab Ilyas with George Beskales, Daniel Bruckner and Alex Pagan. Tamr was named in Boston Globe's Top 10 Places to work in 2015.
The product team at Tamr is responsible for setting the long-term product vision as well as the more tactical road map and working with all parts of the company to collect feedback and execute on that plan. As a data company, we believe in making data-driven decisions, but we recognize that sometimes it’s also important to listen to your instincts.
As a product manager at Tamr, you will work with the rest of the product team on the road map, and then you, a designer, and a team of developers will take on a portion of that work. You will be responsible for talking to field engineers and customers to define the features, write user stories so that those features are clear for designers and developers, work with the team to build those features, and then iterate on them collecting feedback from field engineers and customers and ensuring that the approach we’ve taken solves the problem they were having. You will have a major impact on our product and are expected to be opinionated, decisive, and have good product sense.
We’re looking for someone with previous product experience who works well on a team and can communicate well with customers. We want you to be opinionated, decisive, passionate about product and have good product sense. Most importantly we want you to excited about the value of the data we work with and the insights that we can provide as well as a role where you can be a key contributor to a fast-growing startup.
Challenges that make the job interesting
● The problem we’re addressing is hard and requires a novel approach/product
● Enterprise data is messy, but has huge potential. In very short periods of time we’ve been able to provide meaningful insight and save our customers hundreds of millions of dollars
● Every customer is different - while there are similar use-cases that we see repeatedly, every account presents new challenges and we need a product that can adapt quickly to each new situation
● Technical background (BS, MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or similarly quantitative/technical field)
● Experience working within an agile software development organization
● Excellent interpersonal skills, within the company and with customers
● 2 to 10 years of industry experience. Including experience in a product manager or product owner role; or experience in a sales engineering, solution architecture, or similar customer-facing technical role
● Experience in enterprise software, preferably in data management software
This position is available in Cambridge MA. Tamr does sponsor employees requiring a visa.