Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia's engineering team is looking for a product owner who can cultivate and drive innovation in Acquia’s platform service offerings. The Product Owner (PO) works directly with a Product Manager, Technical Lead, Scrum Master, and Service Engineering Team to define requirements, establish priorities, plan roadmaps, and optimize their product’s market and technical potential. The Product Owner must have a passion for developing sustainable and scalable products, and demonstrate good instincts on making effective judgments as to prioritization, time allocation, and risk assessment.
- Manage product backlog and work daily with the service team to ensure alignment on the vision, goals, and priorities of the product.
- Work with stakeholders to create and maintain service level objectives
- Establish short term and mid-term product roadmaps, and be able to communicate data driven time estimates
- Cultivate and optimize the communication of their service teams to the rest of the organization
- Lead requirements gathering effort on initiatives and epics
- Document story details based on the epics after reviewing with development.
- Lead establishment of team objective and key results (OKRs) based on input from Corporate OKRs, Product Management, other POs, and service team members.
- Develop feedback loops to validate the most critical product changes prior to implementation and solicit ideas for new functionality.
- Create mockups and works with UX on design and write acceptance criteria.
- Be a core contributor during sprint planning and sprint review meetings, as well as participate in other traditional scrum ceremonies.
- Analyze and act on service team performance, stability, and culture to support continued product innovation and flexibility.
- Analyze and act on product performance, stability, and client culture to maintain continued product success and market fit.
- Highly accountable; takes ownership and drives sense of urgency
- Good understanding of agile methodologies, disciplines, practices and techniques for the delivery of new and legacy applications.
- Demonstrate conduct reflecting high level of discretion and confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in Project Management and dealing with customer data
- Critical thinking skills and ability to adapt to rapid project changes
- Knowledge of, and ability to use strategies and skills to enlist others in setting, embracing and achieving objectives.
- At least 3 years working with cloud technologies/business or related experience
- Opinionated to always do the right thing, is committed to building an awesome product, not afraid to inspire and cultivate crazy ideas, and is willing to jump in and own their product from the process up.
- Technical background in Linux or Cloud infrastructure technologies
- Technical background in Drupal development or hosting
- Technical background in cultivating DevOps at the technical and organizational level
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.