DESCRIPTION SUMMARY: Delivers product implementations on time and within budget while exceeding stakeholder's expectations. Assumes overall responsibility and accountability for planning, defining, and directing activities required to accomplish the objectives of the implementation. Leads multi-functional teams in order to meet requirements. Measurable contribution to the growth strategy of the business unit is important. This position is also responsible for the business results of his or her products and programs. This responsibility will exist throughout the life cycle from idea through development, launch, operation and end of product life. The Manager will create strategies and plans for his or her product, guided by overall Agero strategy. This individual will be responsible for obtaining Senior Management Team approval and funding for proposed strategies and plans. Working with other Agero Departments (Technologies, Finance, Operations, Office of the General Counsel, and others as needed), as well as with clients as needed, the Manager will be responsible for implementation of his or her proposals, and ultimately for their success.
- Manages multi-functional resources and collaborates with cross-functional stakeholders so that implementations are delivered according to plan.
- Ensures the direction and scope of implementation is appropriately shared and understood.
- Develops, executes, and updates project plans, including timelines and dependencies.
- Develops strong working relationships with implementation team ensuring clear communications and delivery during all stages of product development.
- Develops a strong understanding of industry/channel, client, and future prospect needs and opportunities.
- Act as the internal and external champion of programs. This includes being the subject-matter expert for information on their programs, products, target markets and product competitors.
- Proactive communication with senior management on the products and programs, their performance and any major issues or changes in the market or competition
- Oversees the coordination of products throughout their lifecycle (from strategic definition to end-of-life).
- Integrates products and /or functional activities within a particular channel to achieve business goals.
- Acts as advisor to product management team regarding projects, tasks and operations.
- Establishes and manages needed data and reporting.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Leads and directs the work of others.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required. Graduate degree in business or engineering preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years Product and/or Program Management experience in high tech, software or service delivery preferred.
SKILLS: Must embrace change and have a passion for building great companies. Self-directed; requires minimal supervision on work products. Strong project management skills. Ability to develop business relationships and partnerships as needed. Detail-oriented and demonstrates strong analytical skills. Understanding of product management lifecycles as well as development methodologies. Utilizes strong communication and team building skills daily.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Frequent interaction with business unit manager, product managers, as well as cross-functional managers and developers. Frequent interaction with internal implementation teams as well as clients as needed. Proven experience in managing day-to-day relationships with external partners.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Travel up to 25% of total time. Evening or weekend hours may be required.