Senior Director, Emerging Products
Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
We're seeking a Senior Director, Emerging Products to join our product leadership team based in Boston. Reporting to the SVP of Products, this person will lead Acquia’s new line of products which aims to deliver next generation digital experience capabilities for our blue-chip enterprise and mid-market customers. As the product and business leader, you will be responsible for bringing new SaaS-based DXP products to market, ensuring product-market fit, user adoption, and growth. The successful candidate has experience leading the introduction of new products, has managed a team of 5 or more product managers, and possesses deep expertise in one or more of the following: content management systems, digital access management, website building tools, marketing technologies, and open source technologies.
You have a proven track record and passion for building world class products, creating high-performing product teams, and driving business growth. You thirst for customer interaction to establish the vision, strategy, and roadmaps for your products. You’re a natural storyteller and love to share your vision with employees, customers, and partners. You’re a strategic thinker, but can dive in deep to uncover and resolve executional challenges. You love metrics and continually analyze and optimize business performance using data and customer insights. You are a natural mentor, passionate about building and coaching great teams. You are an agent of change and excel at creating a collaborative culture. You are an evangelist, a great communicator who naturally draws people in to listen and learn. You are never satisfied with the status quo, always seeking a better method to improve outcomes and results.
What you’ll do:
As a member of the Acquia Product Leadership team, you will:
- Partner with executives, customers and stakeholders to define and drive the overall product and business strategy for the product line
- Build a team of high performing product managers and inspire them with genuine passion and enthusiasm
- Develop and execute a validated product vision, strategy, and roadmap with the aim of hitting annual plans and maximizing long-term business growth
- Ensure the product, design, and engineering teams are aligned on the key business objectives and outcomes
- Collaborate with engineering leadership to deliver innovative and differentiated products
- Drive product and packaging, while collaborating with marketing and sales leadership to define other go-to-market activities
- Partner with Finance on activities such as 3-year planning, R&D investment cases, bookings targets, margin analysis, and monitoring the health of the product line
- Ensure successful product lifecycle management; managing risk, customer feedback, business model, product ROI and quality
- Develop KPIs including north star metric, usage and growth metrics, and quality benchmarks to measure and track product and team performance
- Participate in customer conversations and ensure ongoing customer feedback and validation through prototyping, rapid iterations, and lean practices
- Continually analyze and optimize business and team performance
- Define and present your innovative ideas and strategies to the executive team and Acquia board of directors
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Demonstrated leadership in best-in-class products in cloud, martech, content management, or digital asset management
- A minimum of 15 years experience with progressive product leadership roles
- Proven ability to influence and align with C-level executives and other major stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to drive significant business growth and change
- Proven ability to establish clear priorities and executive strategies in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build high-performing product teams and drive them to exceed goals, execute consistently, and deliver outstanding results
- Driven cultural and process changes across product and engineering teams
- Strong ability to collaborate cross functionally with executives, peers, and individual team members
- Excellent communication, storytelling, and presentation skills with the ability to evangelize and engage others with your product vision
- Experience designing and implementing SaaS-based product and packaging strategies
- An intellectual curiosity, a passion for learning, and ability to identify market trends
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.