Senior Product Data Analyst
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
CarGurus is looking for Data Analysts across a range of experience levels to join our Pricing, Consumer Product, Dealer Product and International Analytics teams. We are looking for a candidate with strong technical skills to spearhead data analysis supporting the overall product and business strategy. The candidate will be excited to dive into complex data to arrive at insightful conclusions. We want a candidate who can drive business decisions and product development priorities.
The candidate must be comfortable collaborating with many departments and stakeholders to solve shared business problems. The candidate must be a self-starter, multi-tasker and work well under pressure to meet ongoing and overlapping deadlines within short time constraints. Successful individuals in this role will crave empowerment and ownership, have exceptionally high intellectual curiosity, and have the tenacity to overcome hurdles on the road to creating better business solutions.
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct exploratory quantitative data analysis across disparate data sources (website usage, dealer behavior patterns and customer insights) to understand performance of existing products and identify opportunities for new product offerings
- Partner with the product, engineering, marketing, sales, and finance departments to grow our business, including recommending and advocating for performance improvement ideas
- Define KPIs to evaluate business performance, products and experiments; build reports and dashboards to monitor and understand them
- Communicate and present data analysis, visualizations, and insights to key stakeholders
- Be a voice and advocate for using data to improve the quality of our decision making
- Mentor data analysts on technical and professional development
Who You Are:
- 4+ years of experience in data analysis (experience in consumer internet, digital marketing or SaaS product data a plus)
- Fluency in SQL and Python/R, or other scripting language
- Strong grasp of statistical concepts (confidence intervals, hypothesis testing, regression models)
- Knowledge of BI and reporting tools, or demonstrated ability in learning new tools
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders to adopt new data-driven approaches and achieve shared business goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.