Senior Product Manager, Digital Marketing
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
Are you looking to join the Product Management team at a dynamic and fast-paced tech company? CarGurus is looking for a highly motivated Senior Product Manager to lead our product efforts on our newest offering: a Digital Marketing solution. This product is the most requested new product from our customer base and has the potential to reinvent how our customers reach their audience.
This Senior Product Manager will report directly to the Senior Director of Dealer Product and will work closely with sales, marketing, engineering, the leadership team, and CarGurus’ dealer base. You will understand customer needs, prioritize improvements and new features, improve performance, and build the top Digital Marketing solution in the market. The role is highly cross-functional, and requires strong analytical and research skills, the ability to work well with a wide range of types of people, and a passion for innovation.
What You'll Do:
- Become an expert on Search Engine Marketing, Retargeting, Facebook, and the Digital market opportunity for our end users, gaining a deep understanding of market dynamics, pricing models, product requirements, and successful strategies that CarGurus can implement
- Define and drive the Digital Marketing product roadmap
- Work closely with engineering, sales and marketing to guide development and messaging of this new product
- Solicit input via surveys, focus groups and direct 1-on-1 conversations to test and refine product initiatives
- Evaluate competitor offerings, feature sets, pricing models, and key messages to determine the best way for CarGurus to bring this new solution to market
- Lead rollout of the beta version of the product, feature upgrades, and eventually the full release
- Analyze data on product usage and performance, and join sales and customer support calls to listen to live feedback, using it to optimize and enhance our new product
- Effectively communicate, formally and informally, with company senior management to define strategy, work plans and results of new product initiative
Who You Are:
- 5 -10 years of professional product management experience and familiarity with Digital marketing or online advertising is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from a top school required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Ability to manage projects of varying size and scope simultaneously while prioritizing appropriately
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation experience
- Tenacious self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Ability to effectively liaise with internal teams and adapt to different work styles and personality types
- Good sense of humor and a passion for working in an unstructured, fast-paced environment
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.