Senior Product Manager, Payments and Digital Retail
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace. Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify and transform every aspect of the car shopping experience, from discovery to purchase.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager to bring the car buying experience into the 21st century by driving radical innovation in automotive payments and digital retailing. As the market leading automotive marketplace, with over 30 million active car shoppers a month, and over 26,000 paying dealerships on our platform, this role will be working, at large scale, to empower car shoppers to not only search for vehicles on CarGurus, but seamlessly get financing and buy them online or at the dealership from their mobile phone. This role is highly complex, cross-functional, and requires strong analytical skills, creative problem solving, and a passion for innovation.
What You'll Do:
- Develop the vision and roadmap for automotive payments and digital retailing on CarGurus
- Partner with our world class engineering team to drive the development of the CarGurus automotive payments and digital retailing platform
- Identify consumer needs and pain points in the car purchase experience, and translate those insights into impactful product innovations
- Define and analyze the data to determine success of the program and prioritize new market opportunities
- Work cross functionally with the broader business and effectively communicate team plans and results
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of product management experience in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Experience with payments, particularly on mobile, or FinTech product management a plus
- Technical background or experience developing and/or leveraging platforms and APIs a plus
- Bachelor’s degree from a top school required, MBA preferred
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills required
- Ability to move fast and think big
- Ability to manage projects of varying size and scope simultaneously while prioritizing appropriately
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation experience
- Tenacious self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Ability to effectively liaison with internal teams, and able to adapt style to work closely with varying personality types
- Good sense of humor and likes working in an unstructured, fast-paced environment
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.