Sr Product Manager - CRM & Analytics
Do you want to be part of a growing dynamic product team that is revolutionizing the restaurant industry? Do you get excited when you work directly with customers and then develop products that solve their painful problems? If so, you might be a Toaster.
Who we are
Toast has built a powerful and easy to use cloud-based restaurant technology platform for restaurants, helping them operate more efficiently and delight guests in new and innovative ways. We have a rapidly growing customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars & nightclubs. We are passionate about how to help our customers grow their business, and how to provide a best in class user experience. We strive to bring the best designs and products to our users. The product management team works hand in hand with the engineering team to steer and guide the process of developing new and improved products from conception to launch.
The opportunity we are going after is massive, with 15 million restaurants globally.
- Establish and drive the vision and product strategy for our CRM and analytics web applications in a fast-paced environment.
- Define and manage the product roadmap including multiple, competing priorities with high attention to detail.
- Manage relationships and communications with all relevant stakeholders including the senior leadership team to ensure success of your products.
- Manage 1-2 direct reports of product managers.
- Lead a cross functional team of product managers, engineers, QA, UX designers and work closely with other internal stakeholders (marketing, sales, customer support, services, legal, finance) to provide guidance and direction to achieve the vision for your products.
- Work with engineering to plan sprints, write user stories and help test product features before launching it to customers.
- Work with UX designers to design delightful user experiences and participate in testing these experiences with consumers to drive usability decisions.
- Use data and metrics to back up hypotheses and to develop business cases, while clearly and effectively communicating data insights to others.
- Work with others to perform deep data driven analysis of businesses to surface actionable insights and product requirements; drive the implementation of recommendations derived from analysis into product features.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- 5+ years of hands-on product management experience and a successful track record building B2B CRM/data analytics products.
- Experience working closely with customers especially developing new product concepts to ensure CRM/Analytics products deliver significant business value.
- Experience with data hydration or buying data from 3rd party providers a plus
- Ability to lead large scale projects and build new products from the ground-up independently.
- Possess a general manager / owner mentality; must be willing to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make your products successful.
- BA/BS required (preferably in a computer science related discipline)
- Understanding of the hospitality space and the evolving market dynamics will be considered a plus, but not required.