Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
CA Technologies is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Principal Product Owner. The PO aligns with the Product Manager on a detailed vision for the product and is responsible for communicating that vision to the development teams. The Product Owner is responsible for the product and it’s features from concept to End Of Life.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we’re searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 - but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit www.CA.com/innovation.
- Working with product managers, architects, UX designers and development teams to ensure the business, quality and feature goals are met for each release
- Responsible for the design, usability, and quality of releases
- Responsible for easy of product upgrade and migration from prior releases with minimal issues and complexity
- Collaborating with R&D and product managers to translate business requirements into user stories
- Maintaining a prioritized backlog of user stories, features and defects
- Working within a SAFe Agile Team (Scrum of Scrums, Big Room Planning, PI sessions, etc…)
- Participating in daily Scrums, Sprint planning and Sprint reviews & retrospectives
- Inspiring and motivating the engineering teams to deliver innovative solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Experience as a product owner or product manager
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies
- Deep knowledge of the DevOps tool chain (Testing, Automation, Collaboration, Monitoring, etc…
- Understanding of the Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery market
- Know the pros/cons of working with and contributing to open source
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or MIS
- Excellent soft skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Understand the challenges and nuances of enterprise software upgrades and migrations
- Proven SaaS delivery background
- Demonstrate a successful commercialization of open source software
- Development background utilizing agile methodologies
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, CA’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.