Staff Scientist (Electrical Engineering/Physics)
A Staff Scientist is a member of the Research & Development group at WiTricity working under the direction of the Chief Technology Officer.
Responsibilities may include one or more of the following:
- Design and analysis of wireless power systems and sub-systems.
- Development of system architectures for monitoring and control of wireless power systems.
- Development and evaluation of novel components for wireless power systems.
- Modeling wireless power transfer systems, sub-systems and components using FEM modeling tools, MATLAB, Python or other scientific tools.
- Invention and evaluation of new applications of wireless power.
- Design and characterization of novel electromagnetic structures for use in wireless power systems.
- Documentation of technical results for patents, training, user manuals or other materials.
- Participation in industry standardization activities.
- Ph.D. in Engineering or Physics or M.S. with four years relevant experience.
- Expertise required in one or more of the following areas: electromagnetics, power electronics, wireless power systems, or control systems
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on complex problems and develop innovative solutions
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new technologies
- Self-motivated individual requiring limited supervision
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Good written and verbal communications skills and the ability to present technical results both internally and to customers