VP, Product Management
Let me tell you about an artificial intelligence (AI) company that you probably have never hear of, but you will. As a matter of fact, this company is the world’s largest independent AI company and it’s headquartered in the Boston area. We operate at the intersection of customer experience and AI – two of today’s hottest and most dynamic industries.
Interactions’ mission is to create amazing customer experiences by advancing AI technology that understands and engages on a human level. The human element of what we do not only relates to how we differentiate our AI technology, more importantly, it informs and guides our focus on our most valuable asset, our employees. We endeavor to create opportunities for our employees to advance their skills, their interests, their passions, their careers and their lives. Like all companies, we’re not perfect, but we are committed to continually improving our employee value proposition, one that centers on competitiveness, flexibility and an appreciation for individuality.
For prospective employees, if that sounds challenging and exciting, we’d love to talk to you. We set a high bar, but if working with the best and brightest, at the epicenter of a transformational technology wave, consider Interactions.
To support our continued growth, Interactions is hiring a VP of Product Managment. You will play a key role on Interactions’ senior management team, advancing the vision for our Intelligent Virtual Assistant platform. Leading the product management team, you will be responsible for overall product vision and will drive the realization of this vision to deliver products and product features. To validate investment decisions, you will be responsible for the strategic and financial analysis supporting those choices. You will work in close collaboration with Sales, Customer Success, Marketing and Strategic Development.
- Identify and assess new product and market opportunities.
- Drive a product roadmap that supports Interactions’ strategic plan and continued market growth.
- Meet with customers and partners to explain the product roadmap and to get input on future product direction and evolution.
- Own requirements definition and the design of products/solutions that meet demonstrated market needs.
- With input from the other functional teams, establish priorities for Research and Development and negotiate how they can fulfill those priorities expeditiously.
- Bring new technical ideas, in keeping with the the latest industry trends, to fruition by prototyping and then incorporating it into the product.
- Build, lead and mentor a high-performance product management team.
To be successful in this role, you have:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to effectively negotiate with other departments and teams.
- Enthusiasm for technology and for designing novel products and solutions.
- A love for hands-on agile engagement with development and for outcomes-driven product development.
- A passion for solving problems.
- At least 15 years of technology product management or related experience in a leadership role, in the technology market segment.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, focus on customers and strong analytical abilities.
- Experience translating research advances into sound business recommendations.
- Desire and ability to lead and work with cross-functional teams.
- Ruthless ability to mindfully prioritize (for yourself and for others).
- Technical knowledge and the ability to speak in technical terms to researchers, developers and solution architects, both internally and with customers and partners.
- Experience planning, launching and evolving complex enterprise software products.
- A degree in engineering, computer science, data analytics, business administration or equivalent career experience.
- Familiarity with the customer service or contact center spaces.
- A distributed staff of product managers.