Associate Manager, Carbon Market Development
At Indigo, our mission is: harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. We started down this path leveraging microbiology, but we have quickly expanded across the entire agriculture supply chain.
IndigoCarbon and the broader Terraton Initiative is the most explicit expression of our sustainability goals yet. Our goal is to remove 1 trillion tons of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, sequester it in agricultural soils, and by doing that, improve the health of the soil, the profitability of farmers, the quality of our food, and the health of our planet. This goal is massive, and it will require a diverse team to make it happen. If you’ve been looking for a company that moves at the speed of Silicon Valley and is explicitly taking on climate change, we’d love to hear from you.
The Associate Manager of Carbon Market Development will be responsible for building and managing a robust pipeline of commercial and institutional customers to drive realized returns for farmers, our customers, Indigo, and the planet. They will have a direct hand in developing IndigoCarbon’s offerings, working across the company and partner coalitions to translate customer needs and market data into product features and deal terms. The Associate Manager will be the analytical backbone of IndigoCarbon market development, providing process and analytical rigor to demand development and deal execution. If you are detailed oriented, embrace cutting-edge challenges, communicate comfortably with senior level executives, and are excited about helping drive a business that will enable the world’s most hopeful solution to climate change, then this could be the perfect fit.
The role will report to the IndigoCarbon Director of Product and Business Development.
The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
- Own the process for building out and rapidly expanding the contract base for Carbon, including identification, outreach, and pipeline management
- Own carbon market pipeline development and communication to key stakeholders
- Drive deals to close by building tailored communication and offering strategies for key customers and/or segments
- Own analysis related to offset offering and deal term development from beginning to end
- Develop and design a menu of carbon offerings
- Drive and track internal process for development of Carbon Product measurement, modeling, and reporting requirements
- Drive and track internal process for digital experience examples and offerings
- Own ‘voice of customer’ incorporation into both of the above
- Private sector, government, and non-profit coalition management
- Activate and manage partner participation across Indigo and beyond
- Track and manage team personal and team deadlines and ensure execution
- Excellent communication skills with client facing orientation, including clear verbal and written communications, demonstrated PowerPoint mastery, and ability to interact with executives with poise
- Structured and analytical with advanced Excel skills, experience with financial modeling preferred
- Resourceful and solution-oriented with a high degree of ownership, e.g., demonstrated ability to pull on different sources and people to work through roadblocks, drive lead generation, and execute topic research
- Coalition development and management skills with proven ability to influence stakeholders across levels and contexts
- Diligent and detail-oriented, ability to track, follow-up and not let things slip
- Creative with ability to think about how to advance and market offering
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Strong passion for the mission of Indigo and Indigo Carbon in particular
- 2-4 years’ work experience in an analytical role required, preferred experience in management consulting, banking, corporate/business development or at a fast-paced technology company
- Excel modeling and strong power point skills required
- Deal experience preferred
- Digital product development experience preferred
- Role is based in Boston; some travel to be expected