Change Management & Communications Consultant
CFO 2020 Background
CFO 2020 is MassMutual’s corporate finance transformation program aimed to maximize the potential to deliver value to the policy holder through financially based solutions and guidance. The transformation program focuses on four pillars:
- Driving efficiencies and organizational effectiveness
- Building a finance data and analytics center of excellence
- Optimizing transactions with strategic partners
- Creating a winning culture that attracts, develops & retains strong diverse talent
The CFO 2020 Transformation Management Team (TMT) was established to enable the office of the CFO to meet or exceed CFO 2020’s goals along these four pillars and to foster a continuously evolving CFO organization.
CFO 2020 Change Management Consultant reports directly to the Head of the Transformation Management Team and is responsible for conducting Change Management activities and developing communications, with day to day accountability to the head of transformation change management. Additional responsibilities include readiness assessments, identifying employee- side risks, resistance and developing specific. A successful candidate must be able to inspire to action; think strategically across the business; advise, engage with and influence individuals; drive change across the organization; identify opportunities to add value to the business; demonstrate strong analytical skills, facilitate and coach others around change management activities and plans. . Lastly, this individual will regularly report on progress and performance and present to senior leaders.
- Change Management Plan – support the development of a change management plan and roadmap to support the CFO 2020 transformation. Actively monitor activities from roadmap, including their development through implementation. Facilitate and coach business representatives on the execution of these activities and monitor progress for success. Conduct impact analyses, assess change readiness and support training efforts.
- Communications – working with members of the Transformation Management Office and others as appropriate, design, develop, deliver and manage communications related to CFO 2020. This includes the development of a communications plan.
- Presentations & Reporting – Prepare materials for delivery of presentations to sponsors and stakeholders, subject matter meetings, management meetings and other related meetings. Develop and maintain status/progress reports. Content for these presentations will include change management methods and activities, analysis and summarization of results, progress reports and other types of communications.
Characteristics and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8+ years’ experience in change management of a large scale program in a matrixed, collaborative organization
- A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process
- Excellent active listening skills
- Self-motivated, comfortable working hands-on in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Experience with change management methods well as acting as a change agent
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Highly effective communication skills (written and verbal), along with the ability to synthesize and convey complex materials to senior executives and staff
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future