The mission of Everbridge is to “Keep People Safe and Businesses Running”; with this in mind we are looking for an Engagement Manager to lead some our most complex customer accounts. You will primarily serve 3 functions:
- Be the subject matter expert on the Everbridge Suite of products
- Work directly with some of our largest global customers in the deployment of Everbridge
- Lead project resources to achieve our mission for the customer.
Strategically, Engagement Managers play a strategic role in analyzing project goals, creating a plan to achieve those goals, and driving the team to achieve those goals while understanding the client environment and any limitations to execution.
Tactically, Engagement Managers are responsible for managing scope, schedule, and cost by leveraging their management and collaboration capabilities. Success is delivering a plan while proactively identifying and managing risks, resolving issues and escalating where appropriate to drive projects to successful completion exceeding customer expectations.
About the Team:
- As a member of our team, you will join a team of bright, fast-paced professionals. You’ll work in a cutting-edge cloud environment that will power our company’s impressive growth. We are smart, innovative, ambitious, and are looking for people of the same cut to join us.
- Learn more about Everbridge and see photos of our office here .
- Meet the Everbridge team here.
- Work directly with customers, and with our internal sales team, to understand why a product was purchased, what the goals are, and what the potential obstacles will be. Ensure client use cases are well understood by both yourself, as well as the supporting cast.
- Demonstrates ability to plan, organize and manage all phases of a project lifecycle to ensure successful delivery. This includes developing and managing project governance plans, project schedules, team goals and success criteria, project milestones, and budgets.
- Takes ownership and responsibility for issue management, risks, decisions and the overall success of a project.
- A team player who effectively integrates, motivates and builds relationships with cross-functional team members (local or remote), sponsors, key stakeholders, executives, and other individuals or organizations involved with or affected by the project.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand the operating styles of others as well as team/client relationships, team dynamics, and adjusts behavior accordingly to succeed.
- Recognizes environmental or cultural nuances and adapts.
- Able to successfully manage two or more concurrent projects/customers.
- A history of increasing leadership responsibility and career growth in project management.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with audiences of all levels.
- Competency in Microsoft Office suite, Microsoft Project toolsets
- 5+ years of experience in a customer facing role
- 3+ years minimum experience managing technical projects consisting of 5 to 12 people totaling over $250,000 budget
- Proven experience working in a matrix environment, managing multiple stakeholders
- Works effectively in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Able to apply strategic thinking and demonstrate understanding of functional and technical requirements
- Results-oriented, prioritizes work activities, plans and stays organized in order to meet commitments
- Excellent presentation, communication (oral & written), and relationship building skills, across all levels of management
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and resolve issues
- Understanding of technology principles and services including SaaS/Cloud, infrastructure, business applications, data management, security, application platforms and consumer facing technology
- Excellent people management skills, including the ability to influence, negotiate and achieve results through others who are not direct reports
- Bachelor’s degree required
- PMP Certification required
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Our team makes a difference during the most difficult times and challenging situations. Our people are dedicated to solving problems. Our software was built to save lives. Our unifying mission is to keep people safe and businesses running.
Headquartered in the great cities of Boston and Los Angeles, with operations across the world, our team of 750+ dedicated employees support more than 4,200 global customers every day in their most crucial moments. During public safety threats such as active shooter situations, terrorist attacks, or severe weather conditions—as well as during critical business like IT outages or cyber-attacks—customers rely on our SaaS-based platform to quickly and reliably aggregate and assess threat data, locate employees and first responders, automate a pre-defined communications processes, and track progress on those response plans.
Our culture is all about “Making a Difference,” and we are proud to serve
- 9 of the 10 largest U.S. cities
- 8 of the 10 largest U.S.-based investment banks
- 7 of the top 10 U.S. technology and telecom companies
- 25 of the 25 busiest North American airports
- 7 of the 10 largest U.S. healthcare systems
- 6 of the 10 largest U.S. retailers
As we continue to grow and transform the field of critical event management, we need passionate, committed individuals to help us carry out our mission. Click here to learn more about what we do. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, apply to be a part of our award-winning team.
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.