Global Mobility Specialist
Chewy is currently seeking a Global Mobility Specialist to join our team in Boston, MA. We are looking for someone to provide support in facilitating US work-based immigration sponsorship cases, with future support for inpatriate and expatriate processes and multi-country global mobility management. This role will be key in making case-specific decisions based on company policies and providing day-to-day support to applicable internal team members and client groups.
What You’ll Do:
- Facilitate the case management of US-based work-based visas in accordance with company practices, and make case-specific decisions on the company’s policies, principles, and practices.
- Facilitate and manage the case work for permanent residency sponsorship in accordance with company practices.
- Generate correspondence related to active open cases.
- Interact and gather information from potential candidates requiring sponsorship from the company.
- Review, audit, and approve attorney generated case documents.
- Serve as the liaison between internal team members and the external counsel team.
- Administer non-resident alien tax paperwork, conduct annual audits, and liaise with HRIS and Payroll teams.
- Serve as the main point-of-contact for assigned team members and candidates requiring work-based immigration support, and be responsible for administering or coordinating all applicable internal and external processes. Keep individuals, talent acquisition team members, and management updated with case process, case status, case timelines, and next steps.
- Ensure timeliness in responding to inquiries from employees, managers, and recruiters regarding immigration, mobility/relocation, and benefits
- Track and convey immigration alerts, policy/regulatory changes, and development as necessary
- Partner closely with internal stakeholders including business partners and leaders consulting on global mobility and immigration matters
- Cultivate relationships with outside counsel partners
- Recordkeeping, tracking, and reporting
- Create and maintain internal case management tracking for all company cases.
- Responsibility for the review and audit of all invoicing from our external counsel.
- Other duties as assigned, including those within the general HR space.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree required (major in business or human resources preferred).
- 1 to 3 years of experience in global mobility preferred.
- Must have computer skills and the ability to learn HRIS systems (ADP, Kronos).
- Must be proficient in MS Office products, especially Excel.
- Superior verbal/written skills and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Position may require travel.