IT System Administrator
The IT Systems Administrator will maintain our information technology systems and networks. You will perform both technical and administrative tasks to ensure functionality and efficiency of computer, telecom, and cloud systems. You are knowledgeable in software, hardware, and network administration. You are a critical thinker and problem-solver with great attention to detail. You will directly support end users with cloud services and desktop/laptop computing needs as well as support the production infrastructure and the engineering team in analyzing solutions and maintaining production systems.
About Human Care Systems: HCS is the Treatment Experience company – we deliver on our mission to positively impact patients’ lives through improved access, use, experience and outcomes with medication. Our customers are biopharmaceutical companies (large to small) seeking to improve therapy initiation and adherence. Our team members are highly motivated, smart, collaborative, and hard-working. HCS was founded in 2008 by Matt Hall and Thom Doyle and is based in Boston. We have about 100 employees and are profitable and growing.
- Manage & maintain HCS’s physical & virtual infrastructure
- Secure all HCS’s infrastructure and compute elements “Firewalls, VPN, CASB, SIEM”
- Provision, configure, maintain and administer applications, software and hardware including but not limited to printers, desktops/laptops “PC & Mac”, networking equipment, Linux & Windows systems, cloud services: AWS, Azure, G-Suite, O365, Okta, Dropbox, ShareFile, etc.
- Order, provision, and maintain IT inventory such as laptops, iPhones/iPads, cables, adapters, monitors, keyboards, etc.
- Deploy, maintain and administer endpoint protection, detection and response tools
- Deploy, maintain and administer Identity Access Management & Privileged Access Management tools
- Monitor, measure and maintain systems and network performance
- Perform troubleshooting, repairs, and data restoration
- Perform proactive preventive maintenance activities
- Maintain user accounts and IT system security screenings
- Maintain mobile device management “Mac, Windows, IOS, Android”
- Collaborate with other professionals to maintain standards and functionality
- Create, change, and delete user accounts & settings per the ITSM procedures
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration policies & procedures
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for tasks
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Maintain technical documentation, manuals and runbooks
- Proven experience as an IT systems & network administrator, or similar role
- Experience in systems, network management & help desk support
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
- Strong experience and knowledge in public clouds “AWS, Azure, Google”
- Strong experience with O365 and G-Suite
- Solid knowledge of IT systems and applications
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair issues
- Great attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and coordination abilities
- Responsibilities sometimes require working nights and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in computer engineering or science.
- Field related certifications are a plus “MCSE, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, CCNA”
- 5 years’ Work experience as a System Administrator.
- Prior Health Care experience is a plus.
- Familiar with ITSM and ITIL v3 standards, processes and procedures.
- Familiar with Health Care compliance regulations & standards “HIPPA, SOC, GDPR”
- Ability to work with stakeholders to assess business need, requirements & potential risks.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills.
Competitive salary + bonus + benefits + stock options